Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Time is a great Storyteller - CSI187 - Kaisercraft Time Machine

Hi there dear friends...I am slowly getting back to a normal routine.  Last weekend I made a point of getting creative and found the Color Story Inspiration case files very inspiring to get going again.  I played along with this month's major case file.  It was fun digging through my stash to find all the little bits and bobs needed as evidence...and here is my page.

Supplies used:  Patterned paper:  Kaisercraft Time Machine; Cardstock:  American Craft; Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studios; Wood Veneer:  Prima; Flowers: Flair; Adri du Preez; Die cuts: Kaisercraft Time Machine; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Color Box Chalk Ink; Paint: Gesso, Neocolor II; Stamps: Prima; Clock Die:  Silhouette Cameo.

The Case File:


A few close ups:
 Here you can see the stamping on my background...and the hearts that is required as evidence.

 Loads of clocks and cogs.

 I brought the burgundy into my pages by cutting a photo mat and adding the little burgundy flowers to my chipboard.  The chipboard was first covered in a layer of gesso and then colored using Neocolor II watersoluble crayons.

I love circle elements on my pages and I really went to town with this one...adding some wood veneer and stickers to compliment the theme.

Thank you for visiting my blog...hope you are having a lovely weekend xx

21 comments:

  1. I love this! And I think "Time is a great storyteller" will be floating around in my head until it lands on a layout of my own. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to get back in the craft room after a break. Great take on CSI and fab photo.
    Hubby is making slow progress but he is gaining strength each week. We are ready for some normalcy around here! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great page!! Your detail is amazing!! I love seeing your work ... You are so talented!! I have the same collection lying on my craft table might be a case of "Great minds think alike"! Hugs,
    Roulien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love how you add interest and texture to your page, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome Lynette!!! I adore all those clocks!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah! You'd think the challenge was based on your page it fits SOOO well....love the big clock especially....& the touch of the burgundy. I'm just back from a hol down south with my BFF....so there's 250 blogs to catch up on. Stop nodding your head and cackling. Sympathy is called for!! And that's without catching up on commenting for DTs.....AGGGGHHHH!!! Anyways. I'm here! That's a start, right. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow! This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the hearts and the clocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo Lynette and such a pretty layout! Love all the gears and time pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a charming photo with you !!!
    And a beautiful layout, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI There, This layout is so lovely, the photo is wonderful of you two together.. love all the cogs and you have used the colors marvellously! I hope your weekend is going well and Grace be wit you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make these Case files look so easy but this is the one challenge I struggle with! So glad you have found not only the inspiration to scrapbook but the time to share with us here in Blogland. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always crack these cases perfectly! A beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, Lynette! I love that photo of the 2 of you! And the sentiments you used on your page are so perfect! What a beautiful way to scrapbook, my friend! Take care of YOU and know that we all love you!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your interpretation of the Case File is absolutely perfect ~ I love all your circular elements and of course the photo is PERFECT!!!!!

    So glad you are getting back into a routine that works for you and that you are taking time out to be creative and sharing your awesome talent with us.

    I REALLY need to get to my scrapbook table ... I feel like I am lost not having scrapped for a couple of weeks ... the exhaustion of the last week of December is still lingering and I need to kick it to the pavement!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey girl...so glad you got some scrappy time...I am sure it was flowers for the soul! ;-) Loving your beautiful page and the gorgeous photo, the clocks and lovely sentiments stamped and worded.
    So special! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all those wonderful words, as well as the beautiful design

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooo I love that quote "Time is a great storyteller". And boy does this page ever tell a timeless story. Your layering is impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful lay-out Lynette! I love the colors of the challenge: the burgundy with the teal. And you large clock is stunning. It all fits so well. You have some good memories to look back on, and that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great take on the challenge and it is a beautiful layout. Way to go you :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥