Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

The Voice of the Sea speaks to the Soul - Celebr8

When I first saw the release of Celebr8's Sea Treasures I was totally in love.  You know me...I love the beach and everything that goes with it...so it wasn't rocket science that this was a collection that I "needed".  The collection was inspired by the talented Glenda Viljoen and when I saw her beautiful pages I told her how much I loved it, and promptly paid money into her account to get my hands on the awesome kit.  Last weekend I started playing with the paper and closely followed her instructions for the background of the first page...then I used artistic license and made it more me.  I used a A4 size photo of our "happy place"in Plettenberg Bay.  Here is my page:

 Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Celebr8 Sea Treasures; Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard:  Celebr8; Bling: Celebr8; Flowers: Celebr8; Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Distress Markers and Stickles; Shells from my stash.

 I love that Celebr8 have taken our love for matching embellishments into account.  The fabric flowers and shell stamp sets are all part of the collection.  The shells were stamped and then coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Markers.

 I first covered the chipboard in a layer of Gesso and then coloured the words with Distress Markers...and added some stickles because girls need a bit of sparkle.

 The layered chipboard is delicate and stunning...it was also first covered with gesso and then coloured and a bit of stickles added.

 Love the sparkle.

I am impressed with my colouring in of the shells...they look good...even if I say so myself.

 Salty kisses ♥

 Sandy toes♥

The Scrapbook Generation CREATE magazine have come to an end and I no longer design for any teams.  At the moment I am enjoying just scrapping for my pleasure.

xx

12 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! That big photo is stunning and I love the chipboard seaweed.. And great photos and shells.. And yes the call of the sea is very strong for me too! And enjoy scrapping at your pleasure!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow wow! This is stunning! LOVING the photos, the colors and loving the chipboard scene you created in front of the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's great, Lynette! I like so much and photos, and decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOtally BRILLIANT! Love the title [s] & the way you've fussied up the chippy...that big photo looks stunning as the 'centrepiece' - it's a gorgeous double. WONDERFUL:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous - your love of the ocean shines through and informs your Art. Love the title and the subtitles. Really lovely work with the chippies :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just wow. I hope you enjoy scrapping with no deadlines - we'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout Lynette! Beautiful photo! Love all the chipboard designs and shimmery detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photo beautifully complimented by the layout!!!! You are an absolute inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW, this layout is packed with tons of beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This collection is really fabulous and love the page you created. Love all the shells and embellies. The photo's are gorgeous too! ;-) Sorry CREATE came to an end....but sometimes it's nice to just create and not have to worry about deadlines etc. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my, gosh! Your layout is stunning!!! I love the big photo going across two pages. I love the sea as much as you and it is certainly eveident in your layout you have created! Love the shell across the bottom. Love the glittery effect to boring chipboard. All I can say is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you I have been buying her kits because I just love the stuff you get in them and they all just work. Haven't scrapped them yet but there you go. I am still trying to find my way and just having fun in the meantime. Beautiful layout and I love your pics .... <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥