Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Lekker!!! - CSI189 - a few birthday photos

Hallo there, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  

Before I show the page I made this weekend for the Color Story Inspiration Case file 189...I want to share a few photos that was taken on my birthday.  I decided to have all my chicks and their chicks over for supper and cooked a big "Sunday" roast.  It was lovely to sit outside on this balmy evening chatting while the children were playing in and around the pool.

 My two gorgeous sons...you have no idea how great it feels to get tight hugs from these two.

 Wynand and Nadia.

 Kobus and Lache.

 My girly and I...very difficult to get her in a photo.


My darling man.

 Okay then...let me show you the page I made for the current challenge on Color Story Inspiration.  I used a photo that was taken on 2 January 2016 at our favourite market outside Plettenberg Bay.



Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Jillibean Soup; Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard: Celebr8;; Brads: My Minds Eye, Teresa Collins; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye, Teresa Collins; Felt tree: Pebbles; Cork: Studio Calico; Camera: Marion Smith, Ink: Rub On: Basic Grey; Colorbox; Mist: Lindy's Stamp Gang, Dies: (lollipop flower) Sizzix.; Glitter glue:  Gunsmoke Stickles; Sketch: Allison Davis.


The case file:


This is how I solved this case:

The Scheme:  All the colours used.

Evidence:  gingham, circles, leaves, enamel dots, cork, splatters, rub-ons.

Testimony:  Document something about food.  I used the descriptive Afrikaans word "Lekker"and scattered my journaling that reads as follows:  "When in the area of Plettenberg Bay we always make a point of visiting the Harkerville Saturday market for their Full Monty or Half Monty breakfast.  On Saturday 2 January 2016 while camping with Wynand and Nadia at Keurbooms River we made the short trip and spent a memorable morning under the trees at this unique little market."

Some close-ups:
 The scroll chipboard was just inked with Colorbox Creamy Brown ink, the title was painted and then treated to some Gunsmoke Stickles...you can see the old Basic Grey rub on peeking out behind the tree.

 I love this bright and happy papers...and this cute little quote was perfect for this page.

 I love working with Allison Davis and Scrapbook Generation sketches...and always adapt them to suit my own style of scrapping.

 The little two banner and brad was part of the My Minds Eye Lost and Found collection.

I love the lollipop flowers, they seem to go with any page...and you can see the little skeleton leaves behind the flower.


The little cork camera is by Studio Calico and the metal and bling camera is by Marion Smith...I found the cute little teapot brad by My Minds Eye hidden in my stash.

Thank you for your visit and for your kind words of encouragement ♥

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday dear Lynette. May you be blessed beyond measure

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, happy belated birthday, what lovely photos with your kids, my younger girl is the same way, I almost need to beg her for photos (or threatened, LOL)
    Fun layout, I love the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos of your mob... That page... New fave --- ADORE the paired back ckean style... Those colours are YUM & your lollipops good enough to devour!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great birthday celebration! Wonderful take on the CSI challenge. The colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have all your chicks around for your special birthday. To break bread together as a family is truly a blessed event. I think I have an understanding of lekker from the Africans dictionary, although it seems to have many meanings. Love the sketch and your choice of papers. A sweet little tea pot and a camera provide the perfect finishing touches :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your photos are so lovely, you all look happy and relaxed.. wonderful moments to remember.. and love your layout, those papers just compliment each color with there colors.. fabulous design too.. and always look for the semi hidden treasures on your page.. the camera, the dots the rub on.. beautiful layout.. I hope your February is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING the birthday photos!! Looks like a wonderful time!! And LOVING your lo!! GORGEOUS colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos of your kids. So happy you could have them around you on your birthday ... it always makes a birthday more special.

    Another gorgeous layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you kids could be with you on your birthday!I don't know how far they have come to be with you, but they were there! What a blessing! Precious quality time and immortalized in wonderful photos and a great lay-out.
    Yes, I know the word 'lekker'. It is a Dutch word, and one my DH quickly learnt while we were in Holland.
    Blessings
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing your birthday photos, Lynette! They are absolutely wonderful and definitely made me smile! Happy belated birthday, my sweet friend! I wish you many, many more!!!! And your layout is perfection! I love everything about it! Sending big HUGS to you! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great snapshots, and I like the colorfulness of that layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love this page...love the upbeat design and gorgeous photo's! Really pretty! Gorgeous photo's too....I love the one with you and your 2 boys! Very special! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥