Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Your grace abounds in deepest waters - Celebr8 - CSI183

I haven't played along with a challenge for the longest time.  I have always loved the Color Story Inspiration case files and this weekend was the perfect time to start playing along again.  This past week my emotions have been all over the place and scrap therapy seem to be the best medicine to get balance again.  Here is the page I made based on Case File 183.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Celebr8 (Sea Treasures); Cardstock:  American Craft; Chipboard: Celebr8; Flowers:  Bo Bunny; Pearls: FabScraps; Metal charm: Celebr8; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers; Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Crushed Olive, Weathered Wood, Squeezed Lemonade, Blue Print Sketch, Tumbled Glass)

The case file:

This is how I solved the case:

The Scheme:
All 5 colors used.

Evidence:
Stripes, leaves, metal, grid design and silhouette.

Testimony:
A documented a diversion. My title is: "Your grace abounds in deepest waters". My journaling on the back: "This past week was a difficult week. Careless words were spoken and my heart was crushed. My anxiety levels went through the roof and suddenly I couldn't cope with even the every day menial tasks. I needed to get away and be quiet...that is what the beach does for me. When I sit and watch the restless ocean I feel close to God and I know that His grace carries me in deepest waters...and then the storm inside of me gets quiet and peace returns."

The case file calls for a grid design.  I used this lovely sketch by Susan Stringfellow:

Some close ups:
 I used Tim Holtz distress inks to create my background...

...a beautiful mess.

I wanted to use this title that is part of the patterned paper pack...it is words from my favourite worships song - Oceans Deep.

 The Bo Bunny flowers were toned down with some gesso...and you can see the little metalic charm behind the leaves.
The silhouette lighthouse is also Celebr8 chipboard.

Thank you for your visit and for your love ♥

27 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the title, the photos and the lighthouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are more relaxed and moving forward after your trials and tribulations lately. Hope your beautiful crafting gave you the escape and calming time you needed.
    Hope you never stop providing me with the inspiration to create and express myself in scrapbooking too. Hugs, Kerry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely lay-out! Scrapping is a good outlet. That and the good Lord will 'calm the waters'.
    Thank you for sharing your most vulnerable moments.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful!imitation stitching lends a certain charm)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so beautiful! What a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo beautiful! Love the blue color scheme and all the different textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is so tranquil and brings me right to where I need to be right now. I'm depending on that Grace you've woven on your page. Congrats on its feature!! Dan's surgery is the 17th. I'll keep you posted. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is absolutely spectacular ~ Thank you for sharing your difficulties as well as triumphs with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this truly is a beautiful layout! Love the blues and what a great sketch! Love that song, it touches my soul too. I long to go to the beach and throw my cares into the deepest oceans but alas I simply must just let it go into the bush behind my house! I hope peace is encircling your moments in a very tangible way this week.. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty Lynette! Your photos are beautiful! Love the inky background and gorgeous blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love....so 'know' where you're coming from re: the beach....& that bg work you did with the distress inks. Think I need a lesson! LOOOOVE them:):) Oh! And the lighthouse. Perfect place for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous, Lynette! I love these photos so much and they are perfect for this challenge. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us. HUGS to you, my friend! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful beautiful beautiful, I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a peaceful page with absolutely beautiful colors that make your stunning photos even more so!
    You absolutely deserved the victory, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful page. You always do the CSI challenges so perfectly. Scrap therapy is the best. I'm missing playing with paper. I have had knitting to get done on a deadline and it is cutting into paper time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the colors, design, and stunning photos! Praying for peace!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love every layer of this, from the flower on top to the splattered background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad week. But I hope that the weekend, with its scrap therapy, turned things around for you. The result of the scrap therapy is certainly beautiful. I like the quote that you used as your title.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning photos and a beautiful layout. I hope that you have found sometime to relax during the festive season. Warm Christmas wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous and heartfelt layout, Lynette!! I know exactly what you mean about creating being therapy. I'm sorry about the careless words that can be so hurtful and pray that your time spent reflecting on our Lord has brought peace and comfort your way. I love the background you've created with the inks and blocks of patterned papers. Just stunning!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2016 brings much joy and many blessings your way!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stopping by, Lynette, to wish you a very happy new year and to thank you so much for your friendship and support here in blogland! Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful page Lynette! So serene and tranquil! Wishing you a fabulous 2016 and hoping that it will be awesome, blessed and amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. The photos of you are really lovely. This page looks so serene and well laid out and it all goes so well with the photos. My year has also been a tumultous one and I can only hope that 2016 will be better. I have faith that it will be a better year for all of us actually! Happy New Year my friend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great take on the sketch. I love the background work and the photos are just beautiful It is indeed a peaceful layout <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥