Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Frozen - CREATE

Hi there!  I want to start this post by thanking every "friend in the computer" who left a comment on my previous post.  Your love and prayers carried me when I felt my life falling apart. Some days I wish I still had the guts to just pour out my heart here...but lately I just have a check in my spirit and I feel  uncomfortable to talk about some of the personal issues in my life.  This past week my heart was crushed and my anxiety levels were so high that it felt as if something was eating away at me.  I am normally strong enough to be able to handle most of what is thrown at me...but this week I just couldn't cope and it took all of my strength to keep it together.  Hindsight tells me that a lot of the pressure would have been relieved if I just allowed myself a big, fat, ugly cry in the shower.  I can only thank the Lord that most of the hurtful issues have been dealt with head-on and that healing has started.  I thank the Lord for the husband he gave me.  Although he was also deeply hurt he remained my rock.

Anyhow...onwards....

The November issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine is available for download now. Sadly this will be the final issue.  It has been an amazing privilege to be part of this team.  You can download the magazine HERE...and the free sketches HERE.  I am sharing the last of my layouts that was published in this issue.  The challenge was to use the card or tag sketch to create something else...I used the tag sketch as inspiration to create this layout of my granddaughter Leane and her birthday cake.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Fancy Pants; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers:  Ice Kingdom font cut with Silhouette Cameo; Sticker: My Minds Eye; Chipboard: Little Yellow Bicycle, Blue Fern Studios; Bling: Prima; Brads: My Minds Eye, Flowers: Prima; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Colorbox; Mists: Prima; Gesso: Ranger; 3D Gel medium: Prima; Glass glitter: Prima; Stencil: Prima; Other: Silhouette Studio, Olaf clip art.

Some close ups:
I wanted to create a soft white out background.  The papers that I used has been in my stash forever.  It is papers from the Fancy Pants Frosted collection and the colours are quite bright.  I pasted down my strips and then covered it all with a light layer of gesso to soften the effect.  We were taught this nifty trick by the talented Jowilna Nolte in a recent class.

 I added the platinum glass glitter to further create the frosty mood.

The flowers were also received the gesso treatment for a softer look.  I love how it turned out.

Thank you for visiting my blog and thank you again for the outpouring of love....I love all of you ♥

19 comments:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I pray for you. I usually wake up each night and that is my time to pray for you and some other friends who live in other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the perfect layout!
    Sorry that you are having a tough time lately, will be thinking of you! By the way, the shower cry did help me get out some of my stress when I am down! Hope it does for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! So glad you're getting there sorting your Stuff out:) As for this one....getting your MM going, eh? Love the gesso trick and that glitter...gorgeous. And Olaf {I think it is??} .....tooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a prerty, fun, girly and colourful page.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and fun page....love the little elements and textures! Love those soft background colours too! ;-)
    Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better....tiny steps...everyday!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and continued love, support and prayers to you! xoxoxo :) I love love love your page! LOVING that photo, Olaf and that snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just keep repeating "He is Sovereign over Me." But it is still hard. Anywayyyyyy, this is a fabulous layout! They were so privileged to have you designing for them. This is frosty and magical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cries in the shower are like my most favorite thing. Just kidding. But they are sure useful sometime. I"m glad that whatever was troubling your spirit is working its way out. Gesso pretty much is the bestest crafting supply ever because it does SO much. Your page is just awwwwdorable and I love that happy Olaf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you have found the light at the end of the tunnel Lynette and I hope your heart recovers from the beating it has had. On a lighter note, your beautiful layout is an inspiration to us all. The soft and sparkly background is perfect for Leane's Birthday page and I love that flowers and snowflakes share the same space! Hugs, Kerry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the rough time you are going through. And I'm sorry this is the last issue of your magazine. But I must say you have a real talent and I hope next year brings new exciting things for you and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this frosty page! Such a great trick with the gesso to mute everything. It is a very magical page. :) Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet layout Lynette! Adorable photo! Love the beautiful blossoms and the adorable Olaf!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah so glad you are feeling better, and I would agree that you be careful what you post on the net as once it is there it can never really be deleted.. Just a cry for help can be answered when God's girls get together!! This layout is so pretty, love the soft colors and the pinks and blues are perfect frozen colors.. love the cute Olaf!! great photo too.. take care.. and sometimes that big cry in the shower works wonders for the pressure that is in the soul... many times I have let it go..haha.. let it go!!! I hope your weekend has blessed moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will continue to keep praying, Lynette. You know me - if you want me to pray specifically, shoot me an email and we can accelerate things :)

    xxx

    PS have the cry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love you layout ... On the weekend while scrapping with the girls I said I was trying to embellish my page like you do ... of course I failed dismally because you are the Queen of Embellishment!

    Keeping you in my prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dear friend, I will continue to pray and to send hugs your way across the miles. And I absolutely LOVE your amazing, happy, and beautiful layout. You are so talented and it really shows here. HUGs and PRAYERs are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an adorable layout....I will keep this one in mind when I create a layout for Ava. Thank you for the inspiration....praying for peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That page is beautiful - immediately sherbet came to mind - so it was a success.

    (PS Here's a hint. I put on a tear-jerker movie when I want to have a good cry and don't want to explain myself - it usually helps.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sad that this mag is stopping it is one of my faves. They all seem to be disappearing one by one. Another lovely layout and a precious photo.<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥