Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Memories Captured - CREATE magazine

Hi there.  The November issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine is available for download now. Sadly this will be the final issue.  It has been an amazing privilege to be part of this team.  You can download the magazine HERE...and the free sketches HERE.  Today I am sharing my take on the journaling challenge with you.  The challenge was to use a letter, note, e-mail or card that you wrote or received as part of your journaling.  My son Wynand and his wife Nadia always write the sweetest notes that I keep and cherish.  


Supply list:  Patterned paper: Teresa Collins, Art from the heart; Stickers: Teresa Collins, 7Gypsies; Wood veneer: Teresa Collins; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios, Teresa Collins; bling: Teresa Collins; Sequins: Teresa Collins; Photo turns: Making Memories; Brads: Making Memories; Twine: DMC; Clip: Office stationary;  Punch: Fiskars.


The card was for Mothers Day in 2014.  I made the envelope with patterned paper.

 I love the old Teresa Collins lines with it's coordinated matching embellishments.  The cute photo was nicked off Facebook.

 The clip with the tags is something that I saw on one of Candice Greenway's pages.

Lots of old and new embellishments used...even photo turns.

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥

18 comments:

  1. Very special and creative, Lynette. Sorry to hear that the magazine won't be going ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully designed and embellished and a wonderful photo too. Love the letter.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame about the magazine.....what's that saying? All good things must come to an end? And this page....it's sort of different to your usual style....LOVE the clip hanging bits idea....deffo gonna pinch that! And the envelope looks fabulous....REALLY love the big/small photo combo too. And the colours on this one are so unusual too....work perfectly. I'm rather enamoured with this page ;) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that about the magazine! :( I love love love this page! LOVING the photos, the envelope with the note and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Lynette! Love the dangling tags and the gorgeous colour combo. Sorry to hear of another publication ceasing, good job there are blogs and Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper choices were perfect for these great photos and personal note. Love that you still had room for some great embellishments. So sad about the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is so sweet to write you little notes like that. I remember one other time when you blogged about a note that he gave you, and I thought that was very sweet and touching, too.

    It's too bad that they decided to discontinue the magazine, but I can see that it must have been a lot of work. I did enjoy reading this he latest issue. Too bad it's the last one. :(

    Thanks for your Thanksgiving wishes, Lynette. We had a wonderful time, and now that Thanksgiving is behind us, we're enjoying the Advent season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the notes - especially for such a words of affirmation person like me :)

    xxx

    sorry about the magazine. It is not nice when things end but I believe we can't see the end and see what God has in store for us (much better!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh shame about the mag! Always happens with the magazines. There obviously isn't enough of a buying public for them & all the free stuff never lasts forever because the people who run the show get tired of no financial reward - no matter how passionate they are! I love your page though!! Beautiful photos. Nadia has a stunning face & does her make up beautifully! I love your binder clip with the twine & tags & the sequins!!! YUMMMAY I say!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a special page!!! Love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout and I have just downloaded the mag. It is so sad that all the great mags are going. Even more sad that the ones that are still out there we are not getting anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will miss that mag but I hope to go back and check it out from time to time hoping they leave the links up for it.. beautiful layout, love the note in the envelope, I am sure it is special even though I cannot read it!!! Happy December!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad to hear about this last issue of the magazine! But love your page and the design and colouring just amazing! ;)
    A beautiful and special page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. In. Love. WOW! This is probably my favorite piece that you've made EVER! Love the tiny details that you always know how to tailor so well - the stream of tags - so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is amazing!! Love that clip with the trail of tags. I might have to steal that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh where do I begin to tell you how much I like that layout. You have a talent for including a lot on a page that makes it just enough for the photos. Love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥