Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Funny Face - CREATE magazine

Hi there.  The November issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine is available for download now. Sadly this will be the final issue.  It has been an amazing privilege to be part of this team.  You can download the magazine HERE...and the free sketches HERE.   Today I want to share my take on this month's sketch challenge.  I used photos of my grandson Lukas and used the Silhouette Cameo to cut a sun burst.

Supply list:  Patterned papers: Studio Calico; Cardstock: American Craft;  Letter Stickers: American Craft; Stickers: My Minds Eye; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Enamel heart and arrow: My Minds Eye; Die Cuts: My Minds Eye; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Stencils: Crafters Workshop. Other: Silhouette Cameo.

Some close up views:
I love stitching on my pages...and I love the DMC embroidery cotton that gradually changes from light to dark 

 I used the blue of Lukas shirt to contrast with the neutral colours of the patterned papers.

 The embellishments that formed part of the My Minds Eye (Lost and Found Record It) line were a perfect match with the Studio Calico papers.

The many faces of this cute child that I am proud to call my grandson.  

Thank you for visiting my blog.  Be sure to check out the magazine online.  It is filled to the brim with amazing layouts by the Design Team and will remain available for your inspiration.

♥♥

14 comments:

  1. You create boy's pages so well and your Grandson is so darn cute. Sorry to hear this is the last magazine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! LOVING the colors, the photos and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What the wondrous photos, Lynette !!! and the layout turned out great! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that is too bad that the magazine is ending. You always contributed such amazing work to it. This page is amazing. The blue with the neutrals is the perfect touch. Loving that starburst and your stitching is amazing! What a cute subject too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable layout Lynette! Such sweet photos! He sure is darling :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a laugh! And that thread - never knew you could buy such a thing! Looks great.....LOOOOVE the sunburst & that saying on the circle AND the natural colour contrast to the blue....YUM! Sorry to hear about the mag...that is a shame....but it seems to be a common occurrence in scrappy circles... xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, this one actually made me laugh out loud .. not an easy task these days! You are amazingly talented in so many ways. I wish we liver closer!! Would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that was always an inspirational mag... But I guess it was a lot of work to create each time.. Your layout looks wonderful, great fun photos and love the sun burst and love the colours in your papers. I hope you have many special moments in the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page is so cute, and I love the color scheme. I adore the variegated DMC floss, too. I think it's great both for scrapping and for X-stitch.

    I'm sad that this will be the last Create mag.:( I hope to get a chance to read it sometime over the Thanksgiving weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sad to hear that this will be the last Create Magazine. I absolutely love your adorable layout - you scrapped these amazing photos so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an awesome page!! Love the color combination and adore all the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I really like this design and the sewing is fabulous! The photo's so cute and fun too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥