Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Smile - Blue Fern Studios

Hi there,  It has been more than a month since I last scrapped.  First my life at work were hectic before we could leave for our two week vacation...and when we got back it was hectic once again to catch up on  all the admin that were waiting for me when I got back...and our annual audit all happened at the same time...yay me!!!

Anyway!  I played along with the Blue Fern sketch challenge for October.  I can never get enough of this company's extensive chipboard range...and since I was able to lay my hands on their paper I am completely smitten.  It is beautiful and the papers are thick and sturdy enough that you can throw any mixed media at it without it buckling.  I have a phobia for buckled papers...but that is just me.  The papers are relatively feminine and as you know I am grandma to 5 grandsons.  I have therefore challenged myself to apply myself to making pages that aren't feminine to showcase the photos of my boys.  This month I have used the photo that was taken at Stefan's creche.  Here is my take on the sketch:

 Product supplies:  Patterned papers:  Blue Fern Studios (Frolic); Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studios (Smile word, Grid pieces); Flower:  Websters; Brads: Basic Grey, My Minds Eye; Flair: Adri du Preez; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Stickers: Teresa Collins; Ink: Color Box (Creamy Brown), Distress Ink (Stormy Sky); Stencil: Prima (Shell Ginger); Texture Paste: Daler-Rowney.

The sketch ( I turned it anti clockwise)

Some close ups:
I love this new stencil by Prima.  I applied texture paste through it around the page.

Sometimes I do believe that a lollipop flower works perfectly on a boy page.

I looked for the brighter pieces of paper and added a few Teresa Collins stickers.

The "life" and "always" tags are also by Teresa Collins.  "Mon Tresor" was cut from the cards Frolic paper.
I love how vibrant the page turned out.

Thank you for visiting my little blog...I will be sharing a "life" blog post soon.

♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout Lynette !!!
    And the flower perfectly fit into)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy lady! LOL...I know the feeling and life has certainly been hectic! Love this page and the design is really so perfect! Gorgeous photo too....makes for a special and amazing page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a cupcake for surviving auditors :)

    Beautiful layout, Lynette, and gorgeous, handsome young man!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that mask too Lynette, may have to 'need' that one! Little Stefan looks positively angelic in this photo and the bear prop looks adorable with him. Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! LOVING that sweet photo and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable Lynette! Cuuuute photo! Love all the texture! Thanks for the never ending inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous LO!!! Love the embellishments and love that precious picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOunds VERY busy....but you FINALLY got to create! Worth the wait, too. Those pp's behind like 'banners'....love that idea & those little clusters of enamel dots are such a neat touch AND I spy a fabulous little flair in there, too. You did awesome with using 'feminine' papers for your boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Your life sounds busy... I hope you can grab some peaceful quiet moments!! This looks lovely, neat and crisp and the photo is gorgeous! Love the vine stencil too! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it amazing how much harder we need to work before and after a period of leave ... Can't the work magically happen???

    LOVE this page with all the elements that you put together so beautifully ... I am still trying to get to grips with texture paste and like you I really don't like a buckled page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing page! Your texture paste always looks so perfect! Love the strips of colour and what an adorable photo. Stefan is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is simply beautiful .. love it all Lynette x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynette! So glad you finally found some time scrap, and even more excited that you used the Blue Fern sketch. Your layout is adorable, as is the photo. The paper is perfect! Thanks for joining us for our sketch challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely agree with you that lollipop flowers have their place on boy pages.

    Sorry to hear that life has been so hectic lately. I hope that things will slow down a bit soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I'm so excited that you decided to play along with Blue Fern Studios. Yes, the products are amazing! Love this great masculine combo. You did a great job making the paper masculine! Amen to lollipops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not looking feminine at all ! Love the ribbons and what a cute little man

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you manage to make such meticulously crafted pages in the midst of such a busy life. Amazing page!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a beautiful sketch and your take on it is awesome. I love the photo and his wonderful blue eyes! It's just perfect, not to feminine!!! (And I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your words of comfort there. HUGS!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Lynette - this is so stunning! I love the colours and the clear design. I hope you had a fabulous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Lynette - this is so stunning! I love the colours and the clear design. I hope you had a fabulous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY GOODNESS.... this page is adorable. You mastered the sketch and created such a perfect page for your handsome grandson. This is on top of a insane and busy schedule. You are an amazing lady! Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. One of my favourites it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet photo, and GORGEOUS layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥