Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Kirstenbosch Gardens - CREATE - Scrapbook Generation.

Hi there. The September issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine is available for download.  You can download the magazine HERE...and the free sketches HERE.  Today I am sharing my take on the Sketch challenge.  You can download the sketches on the above links.  I dug into some photos that was taken all the way back in 2011 when I visited Bianca in Cape Town and we visited Kirstenbosch Gardens together.  Yup...I love botanical gardens.  The beauty of the Lord's creation always draws me in.  Here is my take on the sketch.


Supply list:  Patterned paper: Kaisercraft; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: Pink Paislee; Butterflies: Pink Paislee; Flowers: Petaloo; Page pebbles: Pink Paislee; Embroidery floss: DMC; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink.

A few close ups:
 I adore the colour scheme of this Kaiserkraft Blue Bay collection.

 ...and you don't have to use it for only beach photos...they display the botanical garden photos to perfection.  Needless to say, I have quite a stash of this pretty papers and they will go a long way if you cut them up the way I did for this page. 

 I teamed the papers with some page pebbles and butterflies from the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden collection.  (Yup...I still have that in my stash too)  Just look at that hummingbird on the Aloe.

 Some more wordy stickers and a butterfly page pebble.

...the stitched lines were perfect for the flight of the butterflies.

Thank you for visiting my page today.  Please go and have a look at the lovely pages in the CREATE magazine.  There is something for each style of scrapbooking.

xx


14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Love how you'e gotten all those photos worked in! Beautiful! My PP Butterfly Garden is long gone. One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how you've used the pp to make the tiles! They work soooo well, & you're right! It is such a great design for way more than the beach. One of my faves the from Kaisercraft:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING the papers you used, the photos and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous keepsake you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your style and here you have amazing pics too. I visited there last year when I was there. It was in winter but still beautiful. The papers are just fabulous. Going to get my copy now. I have so much to catch up on :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Lynette!!!!! What can I say but beautiful, serene, inspiring! Definitely going to try and scraplift this double, of course won't be anywhere near as gorgeous as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, how are you? I hope you are well..... Beautiful creating once again, those papers will always look good! Great photos, lovely sketch... Special moments! Have an exceptional week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of the top band of photos! Very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of photos along that top border, and that Kaisercraft paper is a favorite of mine! Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual I love everything about your page ... The sewing on the bottom half connects everything together.

    I see another CASE coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh you sure know how to create such an amazing color story in your layouts - the red of the flower and the red of your shirt - genius! You have so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous, Lynette! I love your 2-page layout so much. I have't done a 2-pager is such a long time - you have inspired me to try one again soon. And I also want to thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your heartfelt words of condolences. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours are stunning! Excellent as always, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo amazing....love this page! I love Kirstenbosch and it brings back very colourful and warm thoughts. I was pregnant with Joe and we spent a day with the family, having a picnic in the gardens....it was gorgeous...HOT but gorgeous! ;-)
    Love that you used the woody papers. The photo's are amazing and I love the one of the Guinea Fowl...my favourite bird! Just an all round fabulous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥