Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2015

1st DAY - CREATE - Scrapbook Generation

Hi there.  The September issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine is available for download now.  You can download the magazine HERE...and the free sketches HERE.  Today I want to share a 2 pager I made for the Theme challenge.  This month's themes are either Halloween, fall or school.  I decided to scrap some of the sweetest photos of Lukas' first day in Grade 1.  Here is my page:


Supply list:   Patterned paper: Jillibean Soup, American Craft; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter stickers: Pink Paislee, Scenic Route; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Brads: My Minds Eye, Echo Park; Flair: Adri du Preez; Buttons: Teresa Collins; Stickers: Doodle Bug; Die cuts: Jillibean Soup; Embroidery Floss: WeR Memory Keepers; Ink: Colorbox, Ranger Distress Ink.


I have had this "alphabet paper in my stash for many years and they were perfect as a backdrop to the photos.  I cut the blocks, inked them and stuck them down in a grid pattern.

 I just love the effect of the stitching between the blocks.

 I cut the typewriter from another piece of patterned papers and a few buttons and a few of Adri's pretty flairs and the page was complete.

The owl stickers are by Doodle bugs and the little ticket buttons are from a Teresa Collins button pack.  The words on the little black board in Lukas' hands says:  "Mamma don't cry."

Please go and check out all the awesome pages in this months issue of CREATE and be inspired.  

xx

17 comments:

  1. Lovely layout, Lynette!
    Yes, fine paper went to the photo (as well that there are stocks of old collections). I really like the stitching and details of decoration, like and nothing fancy, but everything in the theme and good writing!
    I love your layout!
    Congratulations Lucas - success in their studies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this layout, Lynette. You added such cute details and Lukas is so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks sooo excited to be at school! Hope that lasts forever;) And you STITCHED! I have such admiration for hand stitching. It's, like, REALLY hard work!!! ADORE the owl flair & those cutie sticker owls. There's some thing lovely about them!! AND you used up older stash with the papers.....win, win with this one all round:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant work. Love what you did with the letters and the stitching in the background! So much love went into this - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, bright and totally adorable layout and photo's Lynette! I hope he is still enjoying school as much as he looks like he is enjoying his first day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those "first" things are always so special.. And school is such a huge moment to remember! Lovely photos and perfect school papers, cute owls! And I must pop over and check out the mag! Always lots of inspiration on it. Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant page my friend. Love the sewing between the alphabet blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow!! This is STUNNING! LOVING the alpha background, the colors and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun layouts Lynnette! Super cute photos surrounded by darling details! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a fabulous layout - and those photos are extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore school layouts and this one rocks. Love those owls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynette, thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. I think that you are still on vacation...hope it's continuing to be fun and relaxing!

    I remember seeing this page in CREATE. I loved it then, and I still love it now. It has so many cute little details. Thanks for providing the translation of the words on the chalkboard. What a sweet message from Lukas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynette! This is stunning in so many ways. The photos are adorable (especially the one that refers to mama)! This two pager rocks! I would have never given a thought to give 3 photos - 2 pages! Hmmmm.... now my wheels are spinning. I love your attention to detail too! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome spread!! Love everything!! (especially the Doodlebug owls :) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love this layout Lynette, so colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great page and all the little special details are amazing! Love the photo's....the kids are definitely growing too quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥