Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

#Moments - CREATE - Scrapbook Generation

Hi there.  Last week the September issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine went live.  You can download the magazine HERE...and the free sketches HERE.  Today I would like to share with you the 2 pager I made for the Product challenge this month.  The challenge was to use a stamp in an innovative way on a traditional layout.

I used photos taken last year when we visited the beautiful Kirstenbosch botanical Gardens in Cape Town.  I used a Scrapbook Generation sketch.

Product list:  Patterned paper:  Kaisercraft (Antique Bazaar)
; Cardstock: Bazzill; Letter stickers: American Craft; Pearls: Kaisercraft; Flowers: Prima; Brads: My Mind Eye; Flair: Adri du Preez; Enamel dots: Prima; Die cuts: Kaisercraft; Rubons: Kaisercraft; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Archival Ink, Mediums: Neocolor II crayons; Stamp:  Marion Smith; Punch: Martha Stewart.


Mini Tutorial:

1.  Attach the flower stamp to an acrylic block and dab well with archival ink.
2.  Place watercolour paper onto stamping foam before stamping the image onto the paper.
3.  Shade and colour the image with Neocolor II watercolor crayons and blend with wet brush.  If colour is to bright tone it down by applying a layer of gesso.
4.  Fussy cut around the image and embellish the center of the flower with pearls.
5.  Use as an embellishment on your layout.

 I used some pieces from the embellishment pack and a rub on quote from Kaisercraft.

 Another stamped and cut out flower embellished with pearls.


The sky is really the limit when it comes to using stamps, die cuts in traditional scrapbooking.  Please go and check out all the awesome layouts made by the design team.  I am sure that you will find loads of inspiration in this month's magazine.

xxx

15 comments:

  1. Wow another gorgeous layout Lynette. Without reading one can see it is the beautiful Kirstenbosch.
    {I would love you to take part in my 1,100 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}
    PS. There are some lovely sentiments and wordart for scrapbooking too, in my give away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout Lynette! so wonderfully fit into stamped flowers.
    And these beautiful photos you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 photos. Impressive....love seeing your sort of 'natural' beauty....apart from you peeps natural beauty I mean. If a man can have natural beauty???!!! AAAANYWAAAYS....its a lovely page which I will never try to emulate. You COLOURED IN.....amazing. AND THEN YOU FUSSY CUT. Crazy. But lovely result from all that hard work! And you always inspire me to remember my [big] stash of brads.....cos you tuck them in so perfectly :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy sigh . . . the way your embellishment flowers work with the photo flowers is lovely. Lovely page, lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning flowers Lynette, so pretty and perfect for your layout. I haven't done a double page in ages and I love the design of yours so I may well be lifting it very soon!. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVING the photos and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout special lady ... Love the clever use of the stamp! Definitely another layout worth stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An inspirational double Lynette. The watercolour flowers are especially impressive. I love a good double and this is a stunner. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! how are those moments? the everyday, the routine, the end of day moments?? I hope they are reflective and memorable.. This is another lovely double layout, and I do love how you used the flower stamps and the coloring is superb! love the beads in the centres to add some texture.. lovely photos too.. anyway.. I hope your day is going well... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pages Lynette! Great photos! Love all the layers and beautiful blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is gorgeous and I especially love the flowers, perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely layout! Love the pearl detail on the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynette! I love the photos that you used on this very beautiful 2-page layout! What a wonderful and creative take on the sketch! I love how you tell a story with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a stunning page! Your flowers are simply gorgeous! Wow........

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥