Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Life moments

I am sure you all know what I mean if I say that scrapbooking is something that will never be up to date.  We all take far more photos for it to be possible to scrap them all.  I have been concentrating more on scrapping those travels and events that require a double page.  Sometimes we hang onto some papers because we have this idea of what we want to do with it.  I remember when I first lay my hands on the Basic Grey Wander that was released in 2010...I have scrapped so many pages using this range and they were not all "travel" themed pages.  The colours were just vibrant and great to scrap boy pages.  One specific paper I have hoarded all these years because I could just "see" it being used on a page...Basic Grey Wander Metropolis....


Then we traveled to Cape Town in August last year and while we were there we visited the Waterfront and took some spectacular photos...well it took me nearly five years but I have now done the page ;-)

Supply list: Patterned papers:  Basic Grey Wander; Cardstock: American Craft; Pearls; Fabscraps; Stickers: Simple Stories; Flair: Prima; Rubons: Kaisercraft; Border punch: Martha Stewart; Sketch: Scrapbook Generation.

 A bit of fussy cutting and some outlining around the buildings.  A few stickers and flair.

 I have a thing for border punches and pearls.

 I loved these rubons...but they are tough to get off without it breaking apart.

I love Cape Town and my favourite sister lives there.  We will just have to go there again soon.

Thank you for visiting and leaving love ♥

19 comments:

  1. What a great idea not only to trim some of the buildings from the top but to outline them too! The photos certainly are beautiful and don't worry I have a Florida holiday from 2011 still to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love what you did with those buildings. Super creative idea! Yep, no way we can ever be caught up! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Lynette! Love the cityscape theme along with all your fab photos! Hope you have a fun and safe weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper is pretty awesome and you made it even lovelier with your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just goes to show when we buy those papers we really do believe we will use them........one day! Fabulous double layout, love how you create your doubles and use all those photos.. So nice to see that photo of you in there too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use that amazing piece of paper! Love this LO. Good thing you kept that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want that Tannie Martha punch!!! It is gorgeous.

    Your layout is absolutely amazing again special lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That BG collection was one of my faves too!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love love this! LOVING the photos and love love love how you made the city-scape scene!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also one of my favorite collections. I use it sparingly so as not to run out! I pinned your page as I think it might work really well for my photos of a recent trip to London. Thanks for sharing your incredible talents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always loved this collection, but never used it all! This is a wonderful layout!!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow - I love what you've done with those buildings! This is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful 2-page layout, Lynette. You created an adorable little village on your layout which is so creative and gorgeous! I love your photos, too, especially the one of YOU. Your page is such a wonderful memory of your trip that was nearly 5 years ago! And I also want to thank you for your visit to my blog, too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spectacular! Love the buildings collage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lynette - I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well if that isn't the most creative thing I've seen done with paper, I don't know what is! Glad that your vision finally came to live on a page, because it is so fun and funky and downright cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your layouts are just so stunning, Lynette! You are truly an artist!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥