Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Happy - Blue Fern Studios

I played with the Blue Fern Studios sketch today.  Their chipboard is just the best and I have more than just a slight addiction to them.  Svetlana Austin of Colorful Memories are the only supplier of Blue Fern Studio's products in South Africa.  I recently purchased some of their patterned papers and they are thick and strong for those who love to you mixed media. I have been nursing a headache for more than a week now and my poor head would not handle anything complicated...so today I just kept it simple and used no mixed media.

Here is my page for this month's challenge.
Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Blue Fern Studios (Paisley and Vine); Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios (Techno Scape & Happy title); Wood veneer: Prima, Studio Calico; Flower: Websters; Triangle studs: Crate paper; Flair: Adri du Preez; Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye; Hot air balloon: Websters Papers; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Walnut stain), Dew Drop (Coffee Bean)

The sketch:

Some close ups:
 I cut the hot air balloon from a very old sheet of Websters (Your life Beautiful).  The gears are by Prima and I inked it with Coffee Bean ink.

 I cut the Blue Fern Studios Techno scape in two and inked it with Coffee Bean Ink.

 The diamonds was fussy cut from a sheet of Paisley and Vine paper.  The cute little robot flair is by Adri du Preez.

 The flower has also been part of my stash for a long time.  It is a Websters flower and the lollipop shape works well on boy pages.  The little triangle studs are by Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper.

 I cut the red "love this" block from the cards side of the patterned papers and added some Studio Calico veneer arrows to it.

Thank you for visiting my little place in cyber space and thank you for the ♥

21 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness Lynette could your photo be any cuter??? What a wonderful layout to showcase it too. I am feeling for you and your poor head, I have had a stinker of a headache today and can't imagine having it all week. Hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious photo! And I so enjoyed seeing you use the brighter side of Paisley and Vine. The diamonds look so cool on a boy page. Thanks for playing along with the BFS sketch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layout Lynette! That photo is simply precious! Love all the layers and chipboard designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the freshness of this LO, Lynette! I actually like the clean look here ;-)
    Thank you for the advertising, this certainly deserves a full chocolate slab ;-))
    I hope your headache will leave very soon ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must apologise for being so absent lately. Thank you for being so patient with me and for always leaving the most beautiful comments on my blog. It is so appreciated.
    I had a great time going through your last few posts and catching up on all your latest news. I always so enjoy your beautiful photos and loved reading your stories of Katberg, your life at the mission and your love of Blue Fern (which is one of my favourites too). You really are such an inspiration. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous and I like how you've mixed up different bits of paper ranges and embellishments.
    Take care and I hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet layout. I am enjoying all the creativity here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Layout beautiful, Lynette! so fresh without mixed media, I really like!
    I hope that in a short time you will feel fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, I swing [a bit like you!] between the pure JOY of not doing MM.....I reckon that clean look really emphasises the photo here.....& what a CUTE shot! And I Love how it makes those gorgeous bits like the arrows & the flair stand out! BUT THEN.....when you whack a stencil or two on the bg and mess it up a bit....I think it looks brill too!!! Isn't it a wonderful hobby that allows us to create what we want or need to at a particular point in time? Try doing THAT with stamps!!! Hope that headache floats right outta the top of your head and far, far away:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow!!! These are GORGEOUS!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the chipboard and the photo!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh well done creating anything at all with a headache for a week. I used to get them all the time, but one of the advantages of being an older woman, is that they seem to have gone and given me wrinkles instead! So happy to be rid of them. You always have the most gorgeous photos of your kidlets and this clean page makes this boy's personality shine through. Lovely work, thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Headache be gone in the Name of Jesus! I love the clean look to your layout! And of course you have used the chipboard superbly! And the photo is the greatest part of the layout! Beautiful creating! And yes I made the poinsettia flowers with a die for my layout! Blessed moments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of interest to this page, you've combined things I never would have. So crafty! I have a love/hate relationship with chipboard - seriously considering purging half of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an endearing photo so beautifully incorporated onto your wonderful design, so true to your wonderful creative style.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the headache is a thing of the past. I too love the clean cut look of your layout. I have to get some of those blue fern products , have never used them.Love all the accents as well... need some of those as well,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful page!! Love the chipboard pieces! and yay for using old stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - this is fabulous! Who says a layout needs mixed media? I hope your headache has gone by now :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - this is fabulous! Who says a layout needs mixed media? I hope your headache has gone by now :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous page for this oh so sweet photo!! Love how you've used the BFS chippies. Yes they create fabulous paper and chipboard!! I hope your headache is gone. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adorable! I love this wonderful photo! Your layout is an amazing take on the sketch - so full of beautiful details and touches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like Paisley and Vine was made just for you, Lynette. I love this! Thanks for joining us at Blue Fern Studios for our sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥