Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Delight - CREATE - Kaisercraft

...and so I have fallen off the blogging wagon AGAIN.  I will just put it down to actually having a "day job" that is demanding and the tiredness of arriving home at 5 o' clock and still having the normal woman duties like cooking.  If you add to this a demanding study of the book of Revelation that requires at least an hour of study each day.  On the days that I have time to blog, I just crash with a book and go into my nothing box.

The September issue of CREATE is due soon and I still have one layout of the July issue to share...so without further ado....

The magazine is downloadable HERE and the free sketches are available HERE.    The magazine is choc-a-block full of ideas and inspiration. This month the featured manufacturer is WeR Memory Keepers and Bazzill.

Today I am sharing my layout based on the card sketch for the Altered challenge in this month's magazine.  I was inspired by the general design layout of the card and I knew I wanted to use the star theme.  This is the page using a photo of my grandson Lukas.


Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Kaisercraft, 7Gypsies; Chipboard title and stars: Blue Fern Studios; Bling: Jillibean soup; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Stencil: Studio Calico, Glitter: Melissa Francis; Other: Burlap from my stash.

Some close ups:
 I love the Kaisercraft Antique Bazaar line.  Just look how beautiful it shows off this photo.  The shooting stars chipboard was gesso'ed and then just glittered.

 I used a Studio Calico stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut and Peacock Feathers to fill in empty space on the patterned paper.  The little gems are Jillibean Soup staples.

 I love adding layers behind my photos...and the piece of burlap just looked perfect to form the base.  The Chipboard title was gesso'ed and then coloured with PanPastel in Red Iron Oxide.

I finished off the large star with another Jillibean Soup gem. 

So off you go now and download the magazine...there is so much inspiration shared inside it...and it is free.

xx

13 comments:

  1. LOL! Yes, Ma'm....it's getting the time to READ the mag once I've downloaded it that's the problem. Time is a major problem, as you know!!! Meanwhile.....LOVE this one.....the mix of distress inks on the stencil looks fabulous & I adore the hessian behind the photo.....AND those stars. Shining bright, looking glitterlicious:):) Orf you go now....back to work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love "my nothing box". And the beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI.. Nothing says time is flying as much as when we look at out blog and realise when the last time we posted was.... I dont have an out side the home job, and I wonder when I would get the time to have one too! So I can understand how busy you must be.. I do hope you are getting something out of Revelations, it is a book of many interpretations.. Love this layout, it is beautiful and has texture and the stars add some sparkle.. the photo steals the page however, it is so lovely.. I hope you are finding many MOMENTS of exquisite joy in your day too.. and how is your play list of worship songs going? Put it on and soak it in!! Have a splendid day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVING that photo, the stars and the stenciling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning layout my friend and such a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah - this is sooooooooo amazing. The multitonal stenciling, those gorgeous textural stars, the drifting burlap - yep, it's a stunner and certainly deserves to be immortalized in a magazine. Lovely with a capital L!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite his busy schedule, you have obtained wonderful projects Lynette !!
    Nevertheless scrap, it's probably a sort of rest)
    Surprisingly, the perfect combination of brightness of stars and burlap - I like very much))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, what a handsome young man!

    I get you. Yesterday I was POOPED and in bed before 10 (unheard of for me)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous boy's layout. Love the glittery stars and the MM background. The quote is perfect and the whole thing is just a delight. I hope you find some time for yourself each day Lynette - it's hard to keep going at full throttle day after day :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow....how cute is this page and that fabulous photo! Love the earthy colours and the fabulous design! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all your family are photogenic or you are an excellent photographer , what a gorgeous photo and a stunning , stunning layout

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another SPECTACULAR layout special lady!!!! Your grandson is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥