Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Together - CREATE magazine - Scrapbook Generation

The July issue of CREATE is available for download now.  The magazine is downloadable HERE and the free sketches are available HERE.    The magazine is choc-a-block full of ideas and inspiration. This month the featured manufacturer is WeR Memory Keepers and Bazzill.  

Today I am sharing another of 6 layouts that can be seen in this month's magazine.  The challenge was to use the words of a song as your title or journaling on your layout. I love that some songs will always remind you of a time, place or memory.  I love this song by the Lumineers...because it just feels like "our" song.  We have been together for more than 37 years and pretty much belong with each other. 


I used old photos of K and I that was taken in 2011. 
Supply list:  Patterned paper:  My Minds Eye; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: Basic Grey; Sticker: Studio Calico; Chipboard hearts: Pink Paislee; Flair: Studio Calico; Buttons: Basic Grey, My Minds Eye; Bling: Kaiserkraft;Punch: Martha Stewart; Embroidery floss: DMC, charm: unknown, Background heart diecut: Silhouette Cameo.

Some close ups:
A sprinkling of buttons.

 I used these little pink letter stickers by Basic Grey and just coloured the "sweetheart" with red markers.  I loved hand stitching the blocks around the elements.

I used a background file to cut the hearts with my Silhouette Cameo and then I just trimmed it to a border size for this layout.

Go and check out the magazine for yourself.  There is a lot of inspiration in there.

xx

18 comments:

  1. Hi again.. I hope your day is going well.... This layout is so full of love, gorgeous photos and wonderful design... You both look so much in love.. May you both grow old together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day is going well...Kobus is on a golf course 200km away and I am trying to get my scrap on. Thank you Lizzy for your love and encouragement always. Just last night we chatted about how God has blessed us with everything we need, a beautiful family and a beautiful marriage. He will always be my very best friend xx

      Delete
  2. This is just gorgeous! LOVING those photos, the hearts and the stitching!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfection plus .... beautiful work as always, I can tell you put so much love and care into your work .. stunning pics , love xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAND STITCHING!!! Gobsmacked how you DO that!!!! And that Silly die cut of hearts.....simply melted mine. Oh! You two make a handsome couple:):) Love it:) AANNNNNDDDD...... I did a double page at camp! I did!! I am so pleased. Now, just to get all 22 pages photographed and uploaded. Slightly large job when we're tripping off again at the end of the week for another 5 days......hey ho!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! she is bright, clean, air - a sense of a breeze !!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Lynette! Great photos! Love the theme with all the hearts! The words make me sing the song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this design with such wonderful photos of two very special people. Adore the retro feel. 37 years is testimony of both your dedication to loving each other.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynette! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this layout! The photos are amazing and so full of love! And your design is absolutely PERFECT for the photos! I love it!!! I think I will have a smile on my face for the rest of the day today! Thanks, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if you heard my big giant AWWWWWWWWWWWWW from all the way over here, but good grief - could this page BE any more adorable?! I don't think so! And now I'm going to have this song stuck in my head forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Lynette - this is wonderful! I love the stitching - very cool! Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Lynette - this is wonderful! I love the stitching - very cool! Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dare i say it? You both look so cute. A really special layout and such playful and loving photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute page and such a cute photo of you 2 too! ;-) Love the colour combo....perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this page and that stitching, wow! It is a blessing to have a love such as yours. God has given me the perfect husband as well. He is my rock. Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing page of you and your bestie! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi just stopping by to say HI! It's been a long time! I love this layout so cute! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥