Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

BOYS pretty much RULE - CREATE magazine - Scrapbook Generation

The July issue of CREATE is available for download now.  The magazine is downloadable  HERE and the free sketches are available HERE.    The magazine is choc-a-block full of ideas and inspiration. This month the featured manufacturer is WeR Memory Keepers and Bazzill.

Today I am sharing my take on this month's sketch.  You know how much I love sketches and I don't get to do colour blocking every day so I just couldn't resist this page.  I used some photos of Juan for this page, he is such a cutie.


Supply list:  Patterned papers: Echo Park; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: American Craft thickers, Basic Grey; Stickers: Echo Park; Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Brads: Echo park, My Minds Eye; Twine: Simple Stories; Embroidery floss: DMC; Dies: Quickutz stars;  Star clusters:  Silhouette Cameo.

 Some close ups:

 I cut the strings of stars with the Silhouette Cameo and then stitched through them.  The large stars were cut with Quickutz on the Big Shot.

 I love using a mix of sticker alpha's for titles.  I also wrapped some twine around the one pattern paper block.

 This Kaisercraft line is perfect for boys and the words are cut from some of the patterned papers.
A mix of embellies to form the star cluster.

Please check out this magazine.  There is so much inspiration by the Design Team...you will not regret it.

xx

13 comments:

  1. You totally blew my socks off once again!!!! I LOVE this page and it suits your photos perfectly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and all the stars!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful! Love, love your little boy pages. The strings of stars are perfect and the blend of pp work so well. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable! I love these stars, what a wonderful take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that magazine.. I often go back during the month and have a few more looks as there is so much to see! Lovely layout, great colors, beautiful photos.. love the stars, they are perfect for a boys layout.. and thanks for your love on my blog.. slowly I am getting there.. had a very quiet day today.. And yes I would have loved that hug from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lynette! What a star studded page! Love it! So very precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those runs of stars....they look absolutely fabulous. I SO [sew??!!!] do not have the patience for sewing....but that looks REALLY good like that! And the title...had to have a giggle 'pretty much' indeedy. They certainly DO rule!!!! Oh, and the colour palette is perfection :):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looooove the stars and sewing...and then so absolutely love your photo's! Such a sweet little face! Gorgeous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that adorable face!! Really love this fun layout. The stitched stars are an awesome touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Great photos and lovely styling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥