Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Adorable - Blue Fern Studio's

This past weekend I completed all my design team assignments and had some time to spare...so I played along with the August sketch challenge on Blue Fern Studio's.  The bonus was that I could play with the pretty papers and chipboard that I got from Svetlana Austin's online store and I could scrap a very recent photo that I took of Leane on her 8th birthday.

I used some of the gorgeous Deja Vu papers.
Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Blue Fern Studios Deja Vu; Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studio Deja Vu Atelier & Adorable Title; Pearls:  Prima; Flowers: Prima, Petaloo; Lace and Bling:  Prima;  Ink:  Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx, Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Archival Ink; Mists: Prima Color Bloom (Iris, Sunshine, Cotton Candy); Other mediums:  Gesso, PanPastel (Hansa Yellow); Stamp:  Prima doily; Die:  Prima Doily;  Stencil:  Prima.

The sketch:

 Some close ups:
I first stamped the doilies in black on the background paper, then I stenciled gesso through a doily stencil and finally I cut a doily.  The doily was way to light and I sprayed them with Color Bloom in Cotton Candy.  I also lightly misted some Color Bloom Iris and Sunshine onto the background.  The "timeless Beauty was cut from patterned paper.  The "Adorable" title was covered in gesso and then coloured with Hansa Yellow PanPastels.

The Atelier chipboard piece was first coated with gesso and then inked with Donna Salazar Honey Inx.  I than just inked the edges of the papers and the Atelier chipboard with Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.

All my flowers were too bright to go with the soft colour palette so I just dabbed some gesso onto them to soften the colours. The little resin roses were ear rings that I bought from Mr Price a few years ago.  Scrapbooking embellishments can be found in the most amazing places.

Thank you for visiting my blog xx

22 comments:

  1. So beautiful Lynette. Can't believe how fast the grand children is growing up.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and delicate - perfect Birthday Princess layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! LOVING that photo with her crown and loving the colors and the flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page of your Princess! Loooooved the doily treatment!!! And such a great take on a vintage style page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty and fun layout. I love that picture of your cute little princess, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty! Love that photo and all the lovely embellishments and papers are perfect for your princess! A precious moment scrapped beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this new layout of yours , it has a soft and gentle look about it. Your pages are so varied, from bright and bold to subtle and soft. Gorgeous picture of the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful feminine page with this beautiful birthday photo. So delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Lynette! She is such a pretty girl! Love all the doilies and chipboard pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome page! Love all the different techniques you used and love how "soft" the outcome is. Just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love this page Lynette. You really make the Blue Fern Studios goodies look wonderful and found just the perfect spot for that awesome chipboard piece. They certainly grow up sooo fast: I can hardly believe my 'baby' will be 15 in November.. :) Thanks for joining in at Blue Fern Studios again my friend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Ah-mazing! The lacy textures, the repetition of shapes, the gorgeous vintage feel of this - yep. It's a stunner! Just awww-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy that you had scrappy time and that you were able to participate in this challenge! First of all, the photo is absolutely beautiful! What an amazing smile she has! She lights up the page! And your take on the sketch is gorgeous. I love your details and gorgeous design. Thanks for letting us know how you made it, too! And thanks (always!!) for stopping by my blog, too. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty and delicate layout! Lovely photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous page with your gorgeous grand daughter. You certainly are the Queen of Embellishments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynette, it's awesome to see a layout from you this month for the Blue Fern sketch challenge. I always look forward to seeing the beautiful ways you use our paper and chipboard. Svetlana is a former member of our design team, so it's nice to know you were able to purchase some of our paper from her. You have such a clean and elegant style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a gorgeous take on the sketch! Love the gray tones! Thanks so much for playing and hope you get a chance to do so in September!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful layout for the birthday girl.....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Lynette! We have featured your layout on the Blue Fern Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's gorgeous Lynette !!! I adore this layout!
    And photo granddaughter is wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty page and such pretty elements, along with the pretty photo! Love these soft colours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥