Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Love This - CREATE magazine - Scrapbook Generation

It is that time again....the July issue of CREATE is available for download now.  The magazine is downloadable HERE and the free sketches are available HERE.    The magazine is choc-a-block full of ideas and inspiration. This month the featured manufacturer is WeR Memory Keepers and Bazzill.

Today I am sharing my layout based on the "Theme challenge".  I decided on the SUMMER theme because it is my favourite time of year and to me summer and beach are synonymous and add to that the fact that I have loads of beach photos waiting to be scrapped my choice would make total sense.


These photos were taken during one of our beach walks at Plettenberg Bay in October last year.  I used a sketch by Alison Davis of Scrapbook Generation.
Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Prima, Cardstock: American Craft; Stickers: Prima; Bling: Prima; Flowers: Pearls: FabScraps;  Prima; Brads: Prima; Flair; Prima; Chipboard: Celebr8; Resin: Prima; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Ranger: Crackle texture paste: Wendy Vechi; Stencil: Prima;  Punch: Martha Stewart; Title Die cut: Silhouette Cameo.

Close ups:

I found a very old bling swirl that I cut up and used on the clusters of my page.

Some stenciled crackled paste splashes on the edges of the papers.

I love to add pearls to my border and here you see another piece of the bling swirl.

Another little flower and bling cluster...the little lighthouse is by Celebr8.


Thank you for visiting my page.  Do yourself a favour and download this free magazine and be inspired.

xx

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Lynette! The neutral colors are perfect with your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Lynette !!! a remarkable effect on some stenciled crackled paste splashes on the edges of the papers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire your work in the Mission. Of course it is a pity that the time to scrap there are fewer, it's vacation from all the problems))
      Hugs:)

      Delete
  3. You got my at the SIX photos....& the big banners behind...then the way you've used the bling.....& that crackle 'splash' stencil. Simply DIVINE....as looks your holiday snaps. Aaaah....holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors,the photos and the bits of sea embellishments you added!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a serene page. Perfect for a beach theme. Hope things slow down at the mission and you get more time for scrapping soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous and beautiful page! The photo's are just amazing and reminds me that there is nothing more soothing and serene, than an early morning or evening walk on the beach...the waves crashing on the shore....it's just the best! You are such a lucky girl! ;-) Thanks for always popping over to my blog and leaving love....I really do appreciate it and surely do miss you when you are not around....but I understand...life is busy! ;-) Take care and look after yourself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous layout ... Looks like one to steal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I love this layout Lynette ,It truly has a wonderful open feel to it which compliments your holiday photos. Love love love the way you have used the crackle paste. I have to try that - but first will have to try and find some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those happy photos most of all

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Firstly this layout is superb! I love the beach too, don't get there often enough though.... The photos are all you need on this page, love the stencils, the bling flourishes cut up too! And I hope life is overflowing with special moments! I just wish a moment lasted a bit longer! Time sure has a way of getting away! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your gorgeous photos! You scrapped them beautiful, Lynette, on your 2-page layout! I love how you used all of your supplies, too. The crackle paint looks especially amazing here! And thank you so much for your visit to my blog. I know how busy life can be, my friend, and family and commitments always come before blogging! but it is always nice to hear from you. I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Love your colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello my friend! I am here to admire your page up close. :-) The photos are beautiful as always and you picked gorgeous embellishments to enhance the feel to them. The Seashore collection is one of my fave summer-collections too. I wish I could do double-pagers like you do. They always turn out great. Love the pearls and the crackle paste. Thanks for your nice visit recently! Have a lovely week end!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore those Plett sunsets :) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous! Your page makes me wish it was summer here. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! Your page makes me wish it was summer here. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooh gorgeous! Love that stencilling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥