Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Happy - Blue Fern Studios

My darling man is away for a golf weekend, Bianca and Stefan is in Patensie... and I am getting into some real serious scrapping.  With only two days to go for the close of the Blue Fern Studio sketch challenge...I applied my mind to that today and this is the page I came up with.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Prima Epiphany; Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios (Floral Spray, Chunky words, checkered bits);  Flowers: Prima, Petaloo; Ink: Rangers Distress Ink (Old Paper, Vintage Photo, Walmut Stain), Colorbox (Chestnut Roan) Brilliance (Graphite black); Mists: Prima Color Bloom (Soft Teal, Cotton Candy); Gelatos, Texture Paste, Claudine Helmuth gesso; Stamps:  Prima doily; Dies: Prima Doily; Punch: Martha Stewart; Other: Prima 3D Matte Gel, Platinum glass glitter.

The Sketch:

Some close ups:

 I sprayed some Prima Color Bloom mist onto the background before adding some texture paste through a script stencil.  The Floral Spray was first coated with gesso and then coloured with gelatos.

 This is my favourite doily die.  The chunky word was just inked with Graphite black ink.

I mixed some platinum glass glitter with the 3D Matte gel paste and applied it through a Prima mask.  The checkered bits were inked with chestnut roan.  The two papers that was used for matting was sprayed teal and pink with Prima Colour Bloom mists.

Just love the effect of the stamped doily, the glass glitter and the die cut doily.

Now I have to get ready...the golf widows are going for supper on the beachfront...and I am still sitting in my PJ's.  Have a great weekend.

xx

23 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that photo of you, the colors and the doilies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous take on the sketch and great alterations on the chippys. A weekend alone to scrap? My dream come true. Lol butThanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES! YOu totally rocked this one....that doily die is yum & I love how you've repeated the motif in different ways.....such a pretty, but strong page. Hmmmmnnnn....I think you scrapped you to perfection - I suspect this reflects you perfectly!!! Oh, and that glass stuff.......drooling! Hope supper was drool worthy too ;) A couple more days of scrapping, eh??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lizzy is right... Perfection!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful feminine page and a lovely photo of you. That stamped doily is amazing! Have a fun weekend scrapping. It's how I spent last weekend while Rob was at photography school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout Lynette! I really love the look of the glass glitter on your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific layout Lynette! Very like! I'm still consider the details ...)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This layout is lovely! Love the doiley die and love the colouring of the chippies too! Enjoy the scrap moments! And I hope you had an enjoyable supper with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing!!! What a gorgeous page!!!!

    Hope your dinner was absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is spectacular ... made with love , I can tell x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous page and a stunning photo. Love the glass glitter and the chipboard. I love the doily die too and can't find it anywhere. Did you get yours in SA?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic page - and a stunning photo! I hope you enjoyed your scrapping time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynette, this is beautiful! I always love your take on the Blue Fern sketches. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning photo Lynette! The background looks fantastic! Love the shimmery stenciled detail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow....this is beautiful! Love the design and the fabulous photo of you! So gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty!! Hope you enjoyed your ladies dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a splendid job with the challenge! Thanks for joining in again!
    This is a beautiful picture of you and with just the right kind of embellishments, Love the way you painted the chipboard below the photo. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous photo of you and a beautiful layout! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun to have some time to just create! This is a gorgeous layout AND you're so dang beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning!! Hope you enjoyed the me time

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥