Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Constructing Mud Olaf

Hallo there,   I don't know about you...but as we near the end of May it feels as if this year is again speeding away at such a pace that it seems impossible to keep up.  I have been very MIA in the cyber world.  We have had a busy time at the Mission and each day brings it's own challenges.  We have also started our 18 month long study of the book of Revelation.   I have come to realise once again that my calling will always be the first priority. No, it isn't about the "good works" that we do at the Mission.  It is about loving the Lord... loving others would be the natural thing that flows from that love.  Most of them are drug addicts that will lie, steal, manipulate and connive their way forward.  Unless the love of the Lord is poured out in our hearts, it would be impossible to love them. Studying Revelation at the moment and looking at the letter to the Church of Ephesus I am also reminded not to leave my first love and the driving force behind what we do must never become anything other that our love for Him.

Anyway...last weekend I spent some time ripping apart a layout that I had made weeks before and redoing it.  I took photos of Leane playing happily in the mud and constructing what she called "Mud Olaf".

 Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Prima Seashore; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: Making Memories tiny alphas; American Craft thickers; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Flowers: Prima; Flair: Adri du Preez; Die cuts: Silhouette Cameo; Mists; Prima Colour Bloom; Texture Paste: Daler-Rowney; Stamps: Prima; Punches: Martha Stewart.

Some close ups:
 I used some gauze underneath all the layers, leaves were cut with the Silhouette and outlined.

 Loose layers the way Svetlana taught us.  I cut the graduated circle and inked it to use in the two places.

 I love Blue Fern Studio's chipboard.  These pieces were also just inked.

Another little cluster.  The pink flower were initially white and sprayed with Bloom Mist.

Thank you for not giving up on me and still visiting my blog.

xx


22 comments:

  1. Awww....you don't get rid of me that easily, LOL!!! Here to support and pray for the wonderful way you do our Lord's job;) And as for Mud Olaf. He SOOO deserves to be scrapped....she looks so proud of him, & so she should be:) AND I reckon you did an awesome re-scrap of the page.....the chippy is young... those little 'tickets' are the cutest and I REALLY like those circles. AND those flowers are yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Lizzy! You cannot get rid of us so easily, Lynette! I will keep you in my prayers, my friend! This 2 page layout is absolutely wonderful! I love the way you scrapped the fun photos and used all of your amazing little touches here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Obv is it YUM!!!! It may well be 'young'. But I'm not sure chippy would want to be young. I'm SURE it would like to be yum. Well, I think it would. Getting late. Mind blowing crazily all over the show. Sozzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you have a focus! Love the scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love love this!!!!!!! LOVING the fun photos, the flowers and the circles!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always great to be reminded what our lives are really about. Liefde vir jou vriendin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful LO. So much texture and dimension. Love those photos of Leanne. I'm chuckling how children will use the natural resources that are available. Here it is always Olaf made from snow but mud works too. We had snow just 10 days ago... still.. and there was a cute snowman made in the children's park. It was that good wet snow. We usually get dry snow that doesn't stick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks gorgeous! I leave at least an inch of my layers untapped for the loos look and to push elements under. Another great idea is to staple your layer bundles together. I have been seeing sooo many vagrants and homeless of all races around our streets lately clearly what we have in Durbs is insufficient to cater for them all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know right, I can't believe it is May and it is almost gone too!
    I love your pretty layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI again, I totally understand about the time factor, I do feel like the sand in the hour glass is falling faster as it reaches the end.. And we must keep our eyes lifted up, there is no other way.. I won't even say I know how you feel, with your work at the mission, because I am not walking in your shoes.. the role you have been called to is a great one.. and what God leads us into, He gives strength for.. Sending a prayer for some extra power in the blood today!! (There is power, power wonder working power.. in the blood... of the Lamb... catch it!!!) Love the layout, your memories you capture in your layouts are so beautiful and precious, and I know your grandies will look back on these pages with such a thankful heart that you took time to record and scrap their childhood moments.. there is that word again.. moments... childhood moments.. because I am sure you are just watching your grandies grow before your eyes.. and as for studying revelation... oh wow.. that is one awesome book... I have always wondered how literal to take that book.. or is it all pictures??? I hope you find out more!! I have not heard a sermon on revelation in years.. so i hope you all dig deep and are blessed!! Have some splendid MOMENTS today!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks like she had the most fun creating that mud Olaf! I love the soft colors on this layout Lynette! They complement the photos perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always a pleasure reading your posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are always a blessing and an inspiration my friend.

    God sees what you are doing at the mission and His reward is of course in heaven.

    I LOVE this layout ... you are a master!!! And every time I see one of your layouts I want to jump on a plane and come and play with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those pics of Leane and such true words spoken - I said "MMMMM" as I read it. So true - eyes on the Lord, thanks for the reminder and for speaking into our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. " It is about loving the Lord... loving others would be the natural thing that flows from that love." This is exactly right, we shouldn't do good works in an attempt to be righteous and close to God, being close to God will result in us wanting to do good works.

    And if there is time for scrapbooking too, all the better. Good for you for remembering the proper order of things, that in itself is a good thing. Your pages are so lovely, and perfectly balanced. I'm about to rip apart a page I just finished photographing and blogging about, but didn't post. Its balance is off. Don't worry I'll always be popping back to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous project Lynette! You're very brave, re-doing a page. I think I've only ever done it once - and was very glad I did. I love the mud critter too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous project Lynette! You're very brave, re-doing a page. I think I've only ever done it once - and was very glad I did. I love the mud critter too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous double pager Lynette and love the styling and details! Such fun and fabulous photo's...can anyone ever have enough fun with mud and beach sand?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic layouts Lynette! Adorable photos as always! Love the chipboard pieces and fancy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning well balanced double pager! I love the mud Olaf - such a fun memory to capture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is a special calling to love those who seeming don't deserve it but actually need it the most. May the Lord continue to give you the strength and the big heart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥