Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

XOXO - Sketchabilities - Kaiserkraft Blue Bay

Hi there.  I hope you are all doing well.  I am looking forward to a scrapping event in Jeffreysbay that starts on Thursday.  The classes will be hosted by Svetlana Austin and we have been blog friends for years...she has shared in my joys and in  my heartache during this time and I believe we have become real friends.  I can't wait to meet her in real life.

That said, I want to share a layout with you that I made with scraps of an album class I recently attended.  I am playing along with Sketchabilities latest sketch challenge.  I am in love with this colour scheme.  Here is my page using a photo of my grandchildren Leane and Juan that was taken at a photo shoot in February last year.

Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Kaisercraft (Blue Bay); Cardstock:  American Craft; Letter stickers:
Basic Grey; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Pearls: Fabscraps; Gold dots: Unknows; Flower: Prima; Metal flower: Flying Unicorn; Tags:  Prima (Seashore); Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain & Peacock Feathers), Dewdrop Brilliance (Coffee Bean & Galaxy Gold), Colorbox Chestnut Roan; Mists: Lindy's Stamp Gang (Time travel teal), Studio 490 Gesso, Studio 490 Crackled texture paste; Stamp: Bo Bunny; Stencil: Prima.

The sketch:

Some close ups:
 I love how well the Prima Seashore and the Kaisercraft Blue Bay go together to make some yummy layers.

 I first coloured these chipboard Basic Grey alphas with Coffee bean ink and then rubbed some galaxy gold over it...and I added a metal flower (cut in two) behind the flower and some pearls to the scallops.

I little flower cluster.  I first dabbed gesso onto the flower and then sprayed it with the mist to achieve the correct colour I wanted.

Thank you for visiting.  Your comments mean so much to me.

xx

19 comments:

  1. Hi,it sounds so lovely to meet your scrappy friend, I trust you had a wonderful time together! Your layout is beautiful, love those papers too! Beautiful photo too! Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page !!!
    and it's so great that you meet with Svetlana, I'm even a little envy ... (I'm too familiar with it only virtually)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Lucky you! Enjoy ur time with Svetlana:):) and I adore your page - I have these pp's & really love be them & how you've used them here:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a beautiful creation made with scraps! The colours are lovely and look so amazing with the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Lynette! I love the way you layered the papers on the banner piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colours too Lynette - how special to meet your on line friend IRL. I did that recently and it's just a Joy to connect instantly, as good friends do. A beautiful page and lovely work with the MM and layering :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the colors, the photo, the layers and that flower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you chose! Wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love this Layout!! Wonderful!! So cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning layout! I love what you have done with scraps - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I was going to the class with you ... That would be super awesome!!!! Enjoy every minute.

    Your layout is spectacular ... I need to come to you for a gesso lesson!!! Bucket list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the sketch. One of my favourite colour combinations also. Thanks for playing along at Sketchailities

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful! Love your layout. Thanks for sharing and joining our sketch at Sketchabilities!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So elegant.... this page is so completely and utterly wonderful! I agree this color combination is beautiful. Ahhhhh ........

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your work! Happy (almost) summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work as always Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUCH a beautiful layout!! I hope you had an awesome scrappy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful take on the sketch, Lynette. I absolutely love that photo, so much! And your muted colors and all of your details look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet page and I love the mix of papers and colours here! Precious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥