Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Love you - CREATE March 2015

Hi there.  I know I have been missing in action these past two weeks. Life has a way of happening and sometimes it just runs away with you. The past two weekends were busy.  We had a three day scrap event with Svetlana Austin....it was awesome, I love her style.  I will soon show you all the projects that was made over the weekend.  This past weekend I flew down to Cape Town to spend some time with my sister.  Sometimes we have to choose to live life to the full each moment and not to worry too much about the cyber happenings...so I have marked my Bloglovin feed as read and will hopefully catch up with you as you publish new posts.

Today I am sharing my last page that was published in the CREATE March magazine. Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE. Today I want to share the layout I made based on the card sketch.  I used a photo taken of me with 5 of my grandchildren.  Of the over 30 photos taken, this was the only usable one...you need hair on your teeth to get them all to look towards the camera...and not move.


Supply list:  Patterned papers: Teresa Collins; Cardstock: American Craft; Flowers: Prima; Veneer; Prima; Brads: Teresa Collins; heart sequins: Teresa Collins; Texture Paste: Daler-Rowney;  Acrylic paint: Iris; Stencil: Crafters Workshop; Hearts die cut and title: Silhouette Studio.


Some close ups:
A little flower cluster is always needed on a page.

I used a Crafters Workshop stencil and some coloured texture paste on the background.  I wanted to bring in a bit of yellow to go with the stamens on the patterned paper.  The title was cut with the Silhouette Cameo.

The hearts mat was also cut with the Silhouette Cameo and purchased from Ashley Horton's Cut Shoppe.  I sprinkled some sequin hearts across the page.


Go and get your own copy of the CREATE magazine and be inspired by all the awesome projects.

xxx



27 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful layers and interest on your awesome layout! Great design and fun elements, too!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO glad you hit 'read' on Bloglovin'...it really is the simplest WTG....well done....pat on the back! And they are pink SEQUINS....love 'em almost as much as that silly cut matt from Ashely H...that's a stunner! Of course, the most stunning part is you and the Grand Kids..... but Hair on your TEETH??? Now, that 's a new saying for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of cutie patooties! Your layout is fantastic with its mesh of patterns and colors. Those bold blooms in the background make such a splash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! And welcome home and I can't wait to see your creations from Svetlana's workshop....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were absent for wonderful reasons Lynette and I look forward to seeing your recent pages. This one is of course beautiful and detailed to perfection and by the looks of it your too little lads will not be fitting on your lap for much longer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful break!! I love love love this! LOVING all the hearts and the flowers!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this colourful LO! Such a sweet photo too. That is great that you had a scrappy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice layout and Love the pictures of you with the kids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page with even more gorgeous subjects!

    Can't wait to see what you created at your 3 day scrap event.

    Glad you got to spend time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep fill,those moments to overflowing! Love this photo, and it really doesn't matter if they are not looking! Crikey I tried to get my kids together for a photo a couple of months ago and they played up for me.... And they are in their twenty's!! Love the layout, and I always love flowers on my layouts too! Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Special moment captured. Beautiful page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Page Lynette! and grandchildren like flowers ...
    I look forward to the pages that are done in the classroom with Svetlana Austin))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! How awesome to be on a scrap holiday'. There is actually a scrap meet in the small town that I moved (yes again ;-D) to this week end but Ihave decided to concentrate on creating some livingspace. We are literally walking asmong piles of boxes,...!! But it will be great in the end :-D
    Looking forward to seeing what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! Glad you had a good cyberspace break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is o beautiful Lynette! I love the heat cut file tucked behind your photo! And I do that same thing to my Bloglovin' feed, if I get behind. It just makes you feel better to start with the newest posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are so right - you take 30 photos and 1 is fine :)

    Love the picture nevertheless and loved that you had a scrapping marathon and time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun and colourful design. Know the feeling of life getting in the way of cyber fun, but life is more important and so too our loved ones.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a beautiful pic .... love the LO , just oozing with color, love and happiness ... beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your scrap page is stunning. Gorgeous Grandchildren and a perfect picture x
    I had to have a giggle when I read how hard it is to get them all to look at the camera, we have all been there, lol.

    hugs sally x
    http://sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty page Lynette! Love that photo and all those little hearts! So special! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how you mixed these patterns! Svetlana has such a great style. I'm envious. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First of all, I just love this family photo! And your scrapbook page is fabulous p the little hearts and all of your wonderful touches look amazing! I love what you did with the papers, too. And I also want to take this time to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day, my friend! HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet layout Lynette! Love the darling photo and pretty patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to hear that you've been having some fun times! Your page has such great attention to detail, from choosing just the right photo to those adorable heart sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lynette - you look way too young to have any grandchildren, let alone 5! What a fabulous page and it's extra special cos it shows your grandies as they were on that day. You will love looking back on this later.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lynette - you look way too young to have any grandchildren, let alone 5! What a fabulous page and it's extra special cos it shows your grandies as they were on that day. You will love looking back on this later.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Totally adorable!! This page is full of life and love! So glad you had a wonderful weekend with Sveta and some time in CT too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥