Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Laugh often..Love Much..Live Well - CREATE

Hello there.  Scrapbook Generation's March digital magazine, CREATE has published and is available for download HERE.  You can also download all the free sketches HERE.  Today I want to share my take on the theme challenge this month.  We could make a layout based on a "friends" or "spring" theme.  I decided to document a mini vacation that I had with two of my friends.  Here is my double page based on one of the Scrapbook Generation sketches:


Supply list:  Patterned papers:  American Craft; Cardstock: American Craft; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Brads: My Minds Eye; Veneer: Studio Calico, Prima; Flowers: Prima; Chipboard Title: Scrap Collections (local South African company); Embroidery Floss: DMC.

Some Close ups:
I love this vibrant American Craft Amy Tangerine "Stitch" collection.  Shayne, Rina and I met at the Durban airport in May 2013 and traveled to San Lameer where we spent 5 days.  Needless to say it wasn't long enough.  We thoroughly enjoyed our time together.


All three of us love taking photos...so our cameras were constant companions.

 Whenever I do a double page I realise how much I enjoy it and that it tells the whole story, unlike a single page layout.

Please download CREATE and be inspired by the awesome pages made by the team.

Thank you for visiting my blog.

xx

15 comments:

  1. Precious moments so beautifully captured. Love the sewing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette. You never disappoint - your work is always so gorgeous! This is no exception! I am now itching to do a a double page spread..... I truly enjoy visiting your blog - I always leave with a smile and full of inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Lynette! In one turn the whole story a wonderful day! Unobtrusive accents brads and dops, line. Really like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and the pennants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you managed to combine so many photo's and with such gorgeous feminine colours! Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been YEARS since I did a double. Well, a year, anyways....they really DO tell the story so much better...love the big banners and that little heart with the sentiment. PERFECT for a bunch of GFs!!! Looks like an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chipboard title Lynette, and the amount of embellishments and photos you included!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't often do double layouts anymore, but they are good for multi photo events, it looks like a lot of fabulous moments on these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous page special lady. It tells the story of a wonderful weekend with amazing friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always amazed at your double pages!! They look awesome! This one is no exception, LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree - double pages are so much better at telling a story. This is fabulous! I love that you've made real life friends with online buddies too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful my friend- I love how you documented our special time together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page Lynette! I really must go and download the magazine straight away!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥