Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Wild at Heart - Sketchabilities

Hallo there.  This weekend is going to be a busy one.  Today is Stefan's 3rd birthday party and it is happening in our garden ;-)  Tomorrow morning we are driving to Kirkwood to speak at the Dutch Reform church about the work we do at the mission.  Today I just want to share a page I made using the Sketchabilities sketch this month.  I am really enjoying playing along with some challenges just for the fun of it. This is how my page turned out:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Prima Seashore; Flower:  Prima; Brads:  Prima Seashore: Chipboard grid: 2Crafty; Chipboard flourish:  Enmarc; Chipboard Title:  Celebr8; Lace:  Prima; Pearls; FabScraps; Other:  Art Basics Texture Paste, Prima Bloom Mist in Antique Gold and Summer Sky; Stencil: Tim Holtz (faded dot); Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink, Color Box chalk ink;  Punches:  Martha Stewart, EK Success.

The Sketch:

Some Close ups:
 I cut and pasted my background papers.  The punched doilies border strips was misted with Prima Bloom Summer Sky.  I then applied texture paste through the Tim Holtz faded dots stencil. I inked the grid chipboard and added it to my layers.

 I gesso'd the flower to soften the colour and after inking the flourish with Creamy Brown Colorbox chalk ink I made my little cluster.

 Another border strip was punched and then sprayed with Prima Bloom Antique gold.  The clear stamp with the circles was specially made for our Marion  Smith class in Jeffreys Bay last year.  I use this stamp a lot.

I like to add little pearls to borders for some added eye candy.

Thank you for visiting my page and leaving some love. I hope you will have a lovely weekend.
xxx


Woohoo!!! A feature...so stoked!

24 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous page my friend.

    My aunt lives in Kirkwood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the photo and the chipboard pieces!! Happy birthday to Stefan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet photo and great sketch for your almost three year old. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Stephan! He is such a beautiful little boy. I love the masculine vibe of your page and of course all of your amazing texture. Love that sketch too. I might have to use this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is stunning Lybette. Always love to see what you make!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Lynette! Love the touch of gesso on the flowers. Stunning photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Lynette!! I love the neutral colors with the touch of Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! This work needs more precisious... :) I like theese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your weekend is going well! This layout is stunning, that photo is gorgeous and lobe the contrast the brown embellishments give to the page.. Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the photo and those amazing blue eyes, love the way you added those circles and the way you used the chipboard, love the blue and chocolate color combo! pretty LO!
    happy birthday to Stephan - I can't believe that he is already 3!!!
    I hope you will were able to catch a little bit of rest during this busy weekend, Lynette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the weekend went in a VERY pleasant, fun 'blur'!!! How on earth have you managed to pull off sort of boy grunge cuteness on one page???!!!!! LOOOOOVE the touch of pearls against the 'roughness' of the chippy.....brill juxtaposition. Which is totally what boys are! Adore this one:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can Stefab be turning 3 already!!!! They grow too fast. How time flies. Hope he had a happy birthday and a wonderful party

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooohhhh...this eyes!!!!!! Thank you for joining our sketch at Sketchabilities!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors and the design execution of your layout! The photo is of course precious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous! I love the treatments you have given the chippies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous! I love the treatments you have given the chippies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! A winning page for sure!! Recognise those lovely chippie grid bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning take on the sketch and I love the hint of old world.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is stunning Lynette! I adore the colours you've used & the textured stencil work looks fabulous. Gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a precious photo and love these Prima papers! Love the earthy tones and the gorgeous chippies...makes for such a gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥