Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sunset Canvas - CREATE chipboard challenge

Hi Scrappy Friends, the CREATE magazine for March is available for download. Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE. The product challenge this month is to use raw (naked) chipboard as part of a layout.  Well, I have a "tiny" chipboard addiction and I put chipboard on just about every layout I make.  I wanted this one to be different and decided to do a canvas with a photo of Lukas holding the sun in his hand.


Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Prima; Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard Frame:  Blue Fern Studios;  Resin Embellishments: Prima; micro beads: American Craft; Mist:  Prima Color Bloom Spray; Texture paste: Studio 490; Gesso: Claudine Helmuth; Gel Medium: Finnabair; Embossing powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang;  Stencil: Prima; Other: Shells from my stash, 12x12 canvas.

Just a glimpse into my process:
Step 1:  Cover the entire frame with a coat of gesso and let dry.
Step 2:  Spray some Prima Color Bloom Sprays onto the frame and let dry.

Step 3:  Apply gel medium to the frame and sprinkle with bronze and jade embossing powder:
Step 4:  Melt the embossing powder with a heat gun.
Step 5:  I dry brushed some gesso around the edges of the frame.

During the drying process of the frame I started preparing my canvas:
I stuck down some chipboard bricks, then I covered it with a thin layer of clear gesso.
I used the lovely "under the sea" template by Prima and applied texture paste mixed with some acrylic paint through the template...then I set it aside to dry.
I then misted some Color Bloom spray liberally and let it the canvas dry.

When the frame as well as the canvas was dry...I attached the frame and started embellishing around my photo with micro beads, resin embellishments and shells....I love how shiny it all looks.

Some close ups:


Thank you for visiting my blog...I hope that you were inspired.

xxx

15 comments:

  1. WOW that background is amazing. I have never thought to use gel medium with embossing powder. The frame looks beautiful and the background is mind blowing. The colours are so rich and gorgeous. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the close ups of your canvas, the end result is stunning! Love the texture on your chipboard and that photo is stunning too! Cherish the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Lynette! So much wonderful creativity in one place. Of course the photo is AMAZING but the canvas is stunning and I am in awe of your patience to produce all the layers and the tiny but beautiful details. Thanks for sharing your process, makes me realise the love you put into your projects. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! it's great, Lynette! and stunningly beautiful photo of Lucas!
    I really like all the parts (especially micro beads)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Lynette, the background you created has great texture and color, I just feel like reaching out my hands to feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a beautiful piece of art, Lynette! GORGEOUS all round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspired INDEEEDY!!! Loooove how you got your MM well and truly on for this one! And of course, the photo is pure golden magic! That crab....he is the cutest embellie! Gorgeous, gorgeous creation:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Lynette!! This layout is amazing! Gorgeous way to showcase the photo! This definitely need to be in a frame and displayed on the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fantastic Lynette! I love it that you're not scared of getting 'messy' anymore. Great mixed media project and the photo is gold. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous piece of art special lady!!! Love all the elements ~~ Can't wait to come and have a lesson with you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is so detailed. Truly art! A beautiful photograph as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lynette! What an amazing layout! Gorgeous photo! Love the stunning background with all the wonderful texture and colors! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow wow wow wow!! This is amazing! I love love love that photo and the chipboard and shells!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW Lynette you are on fire! This is totally LUSH!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥