Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Rockabilly Girl - CREATE

Hello there.  Scrapbook Generation's March digital magazine, CREATE is published and available for download HERE.  You can also download all the free sketches HERE. Today I am sharing my layout based on the single page sketch and published in the March issue.  The Sketch challenge was just too good to pass up, the clusters and the journaling pocket inspired me. (you can download it at the above links). The photo I used is of my beautiful daughter Bianca.  She loves the rockabilly style of clothing and looked so lovely with her pink hair in this photo.  Her floral top inspired me to use the floral background papers.


Supply list:  Patterned papers: Teresa Collins; Cardstock: American Craft, Bazzill; Letter stickers: American Craft; Stickers: Teresa Collins; Brads: Teresa Collins, Doodlebug, My Minds Eye; Button: Teresa Collins: Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Flowers: Petaloo; Bling: Teresa Collins; Ribbon: Making Memories; Twine: Unknown; embroidery floss: DMC; Ink: Rangers Distress Ink; Gesso: Claudine Helmuth studio; Embossing Powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang.

 The close up of one of the clusters.  I painted the "smile arrow" with gesso and then covered it in silver embossing powder and melted it with the heat gun.  I love this embossed Bazzill...wish I can get my hand on more of this.

 Another cute little banner cluster...I also brought in touches of silver with the little brads.

I hand stitched the edges of the journal pocket and added another little flower cluster and the title to it.  The chipboard heart border was also first painted with gesso and then covered in silver embossing powder and melted.

Be sure to check out this month's edition of CREATE and be inspired.

xx


21 comments:

  1. How do you do it Lynette? Every time I see one of your layouts I think 'this is my new favourite' and then you post this page and I am blown away at how beautiful it is! This is truly my Ultimate Favourite (until the next one!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Lovely papers and such a pretty photo! Beautifully designed! Cherish this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!!! Love the banner clusters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! And I agree - that pink hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I am in love with this page. The papers, the design the photo all the little bits and pieces... just awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Lynette! love this floral print)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty layout!! Great job!!!! And those paper? I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the embossed cardstock layered over the floral paper, Lynette! Such a pretty page!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE this layout with its adorable patterned banners. And I'm so glad you incorporated the polka dots because they're such a quintessential part of rockabilly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous page Lynette. Love the light and shade on your darling girl's face and the floral paper you chose to to enhance the embossed cardstock. Lots of yummy clusters and banners complete this elegant and feminine page :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lynette this is just stunning. Love everything about this. So crisp and clean. Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes! Gorgeous page & that white embossed paper is stunning & such a wonderful foil to the pretty pp:):) LOOOVE it!! And I admire your restraint... I'm afraid I'd have to sorta un-white the paper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am always so proud when I see your pages in the magazine ... This is a super special layout knowing how hard it is to get photos of your daughter. Well done on another stunning page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love how you brought the pink from Bianca's hair and her blouse onto the page! very girly and romantic but also very vibrant and lively! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These papers are awesome! Love the Rockabilly girl! :-) Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful page, love the clustering you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous and I adore how the photo just blends so beautifully with the colours in the rest of the design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty page...I really love the small bits of black around the borders of the main pieces & photo. Perfect choice in papers & embellishments too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fresh and fab page Lynnette! Your floral paper matches the top so perfectly! The mix of colours is soft and beautiful! Love this one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥