Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Love Us - CSI 158

Hello there.  Yesterday was the first time in a month that I spent some time in my studio.  Kobus had a game of golf, Bianca and Stefan has gone to visit Riaan in Patensie...and I am all by myself...love it!  What better to do than to play along with the latest Case File over at CSI (Color Story Inspiration).  The case file has a beautiful soft colour palette and the Teresa Collins Save the Date collection was a perfect match.  Here is my page:
 
Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Teresa Collins; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers (Title):  Teresa Collins; Ephemera pieces: Teresa Collins; Pearls: Fabscraps; Sequins: Teresa Collins; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Brads: Teresa Collins; Sequins: Teresa Collins; Flowers: Prima; Veneer: Teresa Collins; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers; Embroidery Floss; DMC; Ink: Ranger; Mist: Lindy's Stamp Gang; Crackle Texture Paste: Wendy Vecchi; Embossing Powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang; Stamps: Technique Tuesday, Christy Tomlinson texture stamp; Stencil: The Crafters Workshop.

The pretty case file:

This is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All there.

Evidence:  Stripes, dots, string, stitching, misting,splats, mixed fonts, wrap something (twine around the "U" of US)

Testimony:  I wanted to scrap this recent photo of  the two of us taken on Kobus' 60th birthday.  He has been my best friend, the love of my life and my companion for the past 36 years.  I journalled our story directly onto the page:  "Here is the Story:  We ran away from home to spend Kobus' 60th birthday on vacation in Durban.  We celebrated by having lunch at the Versailles Restaurant at the Blue Waters Hotel."  Needless to say we had two weeks of rest, discovered the Natal coast and had a ball.

I am also entering this page for the March sketch challenge over at Blue Fern Studios.  I have an addiction to their gorgeous chipboard and I use it on nearly every page I make.  Here is the sketch:

Some close ups of my page:
I love the way the texture paste crackles...you can see how beautifully the misting settles into the cracks.  The little heart is part of a package of Technique Tuesday's clear stamps.  I wrapped some twine around the one leg of the "U" and layered the love chipboard piece over the US.

You can see that I stitched through the banners below my photo.  The chipboard was first given a liberal coat of gesso and then dusted with green and pink embossing powder and melted with the heat gun.  I then added pearls to the circles.  I also added an enamel dot to some of the sequins.  

The strips are from the Teresa Collins ephemera pack, the two stamped images are by Technique Tuesday and the enamel heart is also by Teresa Collins.


Thank you for visiting my little blog...I do enjoy reading your comments.

xx

22 comments:

  1. A beautiful fresh creative take on the case study. And of course the picture is just precious. Love the little flags at the bottom of the photo.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette... this is gorgeous! I love your attention to detail and how you are able to combine a variety of techniques into one layout! I truly enjoy seeing your work! Happy Birthday to Kobus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect way to spend a day alone at home!!!! Love this layout .. it fits perfectly into both challenges.

    The picture of you and Mr K is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !! What a beautiful page Lynette!!! I really like the overall mood of the page and all the many details! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a stunning page!! LOVE the circle chipboard and how you colored it!! also love all the bits and pieces <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such an amazing way of considering every element and making them special, while still maintaining such a cohesive feel to the overall layout. Love the dual metallics of that circle and the twine on the US. Awesome work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserved the time away and that's a stunning picture of you and hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this makes me want to run right in to my scrap room and make something! It is so inspiring. This CSI palette is a fave for me and I love, love how you've altered up your BFS chipboard. Glad you had some time away for refreshment and renewal! Belated Happy b-day to the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely page and with a super sweet picture of the two of you. Getting some free time for crafting is just great.
    Love those small flags underneath the photo. So happy you wanted to join in this challenge at Blue Fern Studios.
    xx/ B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Often when I like a page, I think to myself...what is it? And with this GORGEOUS LO it was the title first (soooo original!), then the banners ( draw the eye really effectively) then it was the smattering of pearls. They are YUM!!!!! And then, you WONDERFUL girl...what do you do? Give me closies of the things I liked best!!!!! So, I've had a decent drool ... THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of detail and layering without detracting from the beautiful photo of the two of you. I think it's essential to run away from home every now and then, get's everything into perspective and allows us to focus on what is important. Love the Blue Fern chip board and they way you treated it. Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeee this!!! I love love love the way you framed the photo and the large "US"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Lynette! I love how you coloured the chipboard circle and all the romatic little details! A gorgeous photo too! ;-) Thanks for continuing to visit and leave love, especially since I have not been here at your blog for quite a while! I really appreciate it and it means a lot to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! Love the attention on the photo due to the circular chipboard. One month without being creative is a long time! Glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful memory of a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  17. This layout is full of love, beautiful details and special little words.. which all equals.. gorgeousness.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely page Lynette. I'm chuckling because I have had that collection with a photo of me and Rob sitting on my desk for about 2 months, just waiting to be created into a page. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your obvious love for him. Now I think I need to start another series... Marriage advice from my friends. Seriously, would you be prepared to send me your top 3 tips? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. As always very beautiful! You are making great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous layout Lynette! Wonderful photo of you and your dear husband! Love all the layers and pretty blossoms! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We always look forward to your layouts for our sketch challenge, Lynette! Another beautiful layout and a wonderful way to showcase this awesome photo. Thank you for joining us at Blue Fern Studios for our March Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥