Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Love - CREATE

Hello there.  Scrapbook Generation's March digital magazine, CREATE is published and available for download HERE.  You can also download all the free sketches HERE.  My first assignment was the Color Challenge with three of the colours being shades of orange...that was a challenge for me as I seldom use orange on a layout.  I decided to go with the neutral Prima Epiphany line and add the colours with mixed media and embellishments...and I am very happy with the result.

Supply list:  Patterned papers: Prima, 7Gypsies; Cardstock: American Craft; Dimensional sticker: Prima; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Flowers: Prima; Acrylic flower: Marion Smith Designs; Stickpin: Prima; Sequins: Prima; Ink: Ranger Distress Inks; Mist: Prima Bloom; Texture Paste: Studio 490; Glossy Accents; Stencil: Prima; Crafters Workshop; Paint: U-Art, Gelatos; Stamps: Prima; Punch: Martha Stewart.


 I first used a Crafters Workshop stencil and misted light yellow Prima Bloom mist through it.  I then used a Prima stencil and mixed texture paste with yellow and shades of orange and applied it through the stencil.  The Blue Fern Studio's chipboard was first covered with Gesso and then watercoloured with Gelatos and sealed with Glossy Accents.

I love the embellishments that are matched with the Prima Epiphany line and made a cluster of flowers' a dimensional sticker, a stickpin and a few sequins.

Be sure to check out this amazing magazine and be inspired.

xxx

15 comments:

  1. Hi! I hope your day is going well! Love this layout, the touch of orange looks wonderful with those flowers! Love the hint of mixed media too! And that is a great mag with lots of inspiration... Cherish the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty & romantic looking.....love how you've used the MM on the background.My fave bit is the green chippy...that looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours... kind of autumn-ish... coming up soon for us :P such a nice pic and I love that backgroung it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this paper range and the MM background works so well with it. I spotted the first Autumn toned leaves in our hills here yesterday - my favourite time of the year. Beautiful work and I especially like the flower cluster with the bird stick pin :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS layout! Orange is not for me either. Going with neutrals & adding it with mixed media is definitely the best way to go about adding it as you have done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love those flowers Lynette, they certainly pack a colourful punch! Orange is one of my favourite colours and the citrus accents frame the beautiful photo perfectly. It's great seeing the close-ups too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an absolutely gorgeous layout ... as always. Orange is my favourite colour and I always look for ways to us it in my layouts ... You have certainly worked well with a colour you don't particularly like ... Well done special lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Loving how the flowers pops against the mono tone background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is incredible and elegant! I can't stop looking at this page. I enjoy hearing how you created this page. I have even picked up a few techniques that I am going to try! I now want to craft all day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww this is soooo adorable! I love the flowers and the inky grungy background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous page Lynette....I love the design and love the little pops of colour with the beautiful blooms! The photo is a beaut too! Thanks for the heads up with the Create magazine...I must download it and have a look! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooing and aahing over such a pretty page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful page with so much texture. I love seeing you use orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥