Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Here we Go - Let's Scrap 2page challenge.

Hallo there.  I tend to take part in challenges and then forget to link it up in time.  I enjoyed playing along with various sketch challenges this month.  I also realized that I don't do nearly enough double page layouts...and some moments in our lives cannot be captured in single photo...they need to tell  the story.  The photos I used on this page was taken two years ago when Kobus and I took Leane and Dewan to the beachfront to ride their bikes.  At the time baby Juan was in hospital and Lache and Kobus Jr needed a break.  I am using the Let's Scrap sketch for this page.

Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  Amy Tangerine (Plus One); Cardstock:  American Craft; Letter Stickers:  American Craft; Chipboard Unicycle:  Blue Fern Studios; Chipboard buttons: Unknown; Flair: Studio Calico; Camera Chipboard: Celebr8; Wooden arrows: Studio Calico;  Pearls: FabScraps; Embroidery Floss: DMC;  Mediums: Embossing Paste: Wendy Venchi, Embossing Powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang; Punch:  Martha Stewart.

The Sketch:

Some close ups:
 Instead of the banner I embossed a branch with blossoms and birds to the top of my page.  Still doing it a bit messy.

 I stitched around the circle and inked and embossed the little chipboard camera.

 Some more stitching around the sentiment...and a few arrows added.

 I love to add little pearls to my border punches.

 To bring balance to the page I added an embossed bird on a twig to the side of the circle.

I am totally addicted to Blue Fern's chippies...and the Unicycle was the perfect touch to add to the page.

Thank you for visiting my blog...I appreciate your comments.  

xx

28 comments:

  1. wow wow wow !!!! with a capital W ... spectacular creation x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful details Lynette and the hand stitching adds the perfect subtle touch. Not many of the green pearls left I should imagine but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and adore that blue glittery stenciling! Sooo neat, too:):) Love that little flair, too....and the rhinestone in the camera? MAGICAL.......I must really try to do some doubles, too. And I really wanted to join in at what I call 'Val's challenge'....maybe next month??!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful photos! And each one adds to the memory! Love the embossing, and great take on the sketch too, happy moments scrapped wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the birds & branches, the photos and the bicycles!! Everything is WOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you do doubles. Love all the little details, especially the stitching on the circle. That embossed branch is beautiful. It has been ages since I heat embossed. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a gorgeous double Lynette! I love all the embossing and stitching. Blue Fern chipboard is my favourite too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is amazing! Love all the details and that gorgeous embossing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Choc a block full of gorgeous detail! A great one for the family album!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many cute details on your page. Thanks for creating with us at Let's Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, this is a fun 2-pagers, and I love your design!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great take on the sketch Lynette!! I love the pops of Yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy goodness and all that is right with this world... I am bowled over!! WOW, wow! Wowzas! This is truly a spread that makes such a graphic impact. The color scheme packs such a punch and complements your images perfectly. Gorgeous work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy moly.... Lynette this is simply stunning. I love the papers, the photos, the story and the fact that you played along with us at Let's Scrap Sketches. This is one of my faves and I am pinning for inspiration. I love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your attention to details is awe inspiring. I love everything about this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I really like what the birds and branches add to this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome... love all the attention to the details, how I wish my embossing would look that good-ha!!! Thanks for joining us over at Let's Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE two-pagers, they're so hard for me! Love all your little details.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to say that I LOVE all the hand stitching...so worth it as it really takes your layout to the next level in creative beauty! So glad you were able to play along with us at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so fun and colourful preserving precious memories. Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a gorgeous double page....love your take on the sketch Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great page ! Love the photo's and the chipboard bike. Thanks for playing at Let's scrap !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous two-pager and it tells the story so perfectly!! Love your hand stitching!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this take on the sketch! What a wonderful 2-page layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous layout Lynette! I may just have to try it out myself
    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I just never have the time to go back and reply to comments, but I do read them
    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab page Lynette! Love the embossing and the sewing...a great way and design to scrap a number of photo's! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥