Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Terrible two's and tantrums - CSI 155

Hallo there, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying this weekend.  I finally got on top of my blog reading and feeling very happy about it...now to keep up ;-P

As I mentioned last week, I am Special Deputy over at Color Story Inspiration for the month of February and today Case File 155 is revealed.  I love these challenges and found that they can become quite addictive...what is great is that you are challenged to get out of your comfort zone and to scout through your stash for those little touches that will complete the evidence part of the challenge.  This week the theme is to document a stage of life.  Last year while on an outing Stefan threw a tantrum that I captured (with the thought of blackmail when he is older)...these photos would be perfect for this page.

 Supplies used:  Patterned papers: Melissa Francis; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: American Craft, Scenic Route; Stickers (ME square): My Minds Eye; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Glass pebble: Prima; Light bulb: Prima; Brads: My Minds Eye; Lace: Prima; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Ranger Archival Ink; Paint: Iris Acrylic Paint; Crackle texture paste: Wendy Vecci; Stencil: Prima; Stamps: Kaiserkraft; Prima.

Here is the case file:

How I solved the case:

The Scheme: All the colors were used.

Evidence: Bicycle (on a brad), bird, circles, grid design, paint, stamps.
Testimony: My title is about a Tantrum phase and my journaling is written along the semi circle and reads. "We went for lunch at the Pink Fig. Stefan spotted a car and after Mamma and Oupa grew tired of pushing him around they stopped. Stefan wouldn't have any of it and threw a tantrum of epic proportions...it had the desired affect wen two young boys felt sorry for him and took over the chore of pushing him around".

Some close ups:
 I used a grid design below my photo...just love the soft shades of the Melissa Francis papers.  The cute little glass pebble also had birds on.

 I used my favourite Kaisercraft stamp behind the photo cluster and then applied crackle texture paste through one of my new stencils.  Just love those cracks.

I painted the Blue Fern Studios circle bits and the word arrow with black acrylic paint.  The little bird was covered with gesso and then stamped in lilac with a prima stamp.

You know how much I love to stitch on my pages...this background paper was perfectly suited for it and then also became the focus for the journaling.

Thank you for visiting my blog, I love hearing from you.

xx

26 comments:

  1. HAHAHAAAAA! I LOOOOOVE it when they throw tantrums. Dunno why. It's just SOOOO funny......actually I DO know why I like it. Cos that gives me permission to throw myself down besides them and copy. That usually throws a spanner in the works. They simply cannot work it out!!!! Anyways.........the circle journaling. YES!!! The little lace.....bonzer!!! The crackles......YUM!!! New fave!!!! You totally blitzed this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !!! That's great, Lynette! so perfectly solved the problem! I really like: hand stitching, zhurnaling around, Crackle, stamps and much more ... Great combination of different paper ... COOL !!!!
    ... and a great solution memorializing tantrum Stefan memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a layout to bring out when he has a child of his own and has to deal with that one himself!! Haha what a good tanty! Got it captured well and good there! I had a two year old tantrum thrower and they certainly can add the grey hairs early! Love the sketch you have used and the special little embellies too! Enjoy your weekend! Hubby is off getting pizza for our meal tonight for valentines day! Yaaaa! A night off cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge and congrats on being Special Deputy. Great series of photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh my favorite phase! LOL!! I love love love this! LOVING the colors and the design and the photos just make me SMILE!! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable layout Lynette! What great moments captured in photos! Love the shimmery detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First what an adorable layout! What a fabulous moment in time you captured in photos. Oh how they will hate you made a page showing this! :-) I love how you did the journaling! So many awesome details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about keeping on top of blog visits. There are so many out there and so little time. I is hard to keep on top sometimes. I am so happy that you are SI this month. <3 Love to see your layouts in the gallery and this one is a peach. Spence has just started with the tantrums... we lame ones but he is trying :D Fabulous design. Great use of colours and gorgeous photos. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulously bribeable subject!!!

    Love the way you stitched on the page and made that the highlight for your journalling. You are so creative and an absolute inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Awesome page!!! Wish I had remembered to take pics like that! Makes for a fun layout! Love the stitching and the journaling!! And I soooooo know what you mean about visiting blogs .... should stop by way more often! Thanks for visiting mine all the time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful to capture these moments that every toddler goes through in their frustrations of growing up! What awesome photo's (I say this every time!!!!) and of course beautifully scrapped as always! So lovely to pop over to see your grandchildren growing up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The terrific 2!!! My SIL says I will change my mind when K hits the age! Time will tell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean about visiting blogs. I do WOYWW which is totally addictive and I spend a lot of time looking at other people's work and lives.
    Your page is beautiful! I love the soft colors and the way you have wrtiiten the journaling. Your photos are great! What a good subject.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooooo cute! I love how you did the lettering on this one. It's really unique and a perfect way to use the design instead of overpower it with lettering. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynette! I so enjoy following your blog! Your talent is amazing! I have to remember some of the techniques you used here and use them on my work. I have had crackle stuff for a while now and have yet to use it! (Shame on me.) This is a great layout and most definitely a fun page. Now that I am back on track with blogging - I will have to make sure to visit CSI! Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another stunning design Lynette. Love how you did the journaling around the sewing.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great Lynette! Awesome photos to scrap, and the grid design is perfect for the photo series!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awh sweet boy! Have to say that it is a fabulous place for kids. Can not wait to see you there again

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I remember those days of tiny tantrums. Lovely page, the color scheme is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lynette, you have such an amazing eye for color and design. I adore your hand stitching and know just how much time that takes!! So wonderful to capture the "other" side to remember the challenging moments along with the wonderful to keep it real!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I love how you scrapped the photos of Stefan to capture a stage of his life...not always a pretty stage, but one he will surely outgrow! Love the stitching, mix of paper, the crackle over the stamping, journaling, and the glitter title! I have also been very behind on my blog and reading my favorite blogs...need to get back in my routine. Praying that you are having a wonderful two weeks away from the mission.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome!!! What a great moment to capture - I'd love to have pics like these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness! This page and the photos say it all! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL....such a cute and honest page! I love the sewing and how you did your journalling around it! Such a sweet, sweet page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥