Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Reluctant Poser : CSI 151

Hi there, I love a good challenge, don't you?  I am playing along with Color Story Inspiration's case file 151.  I love the soft colour combination and the awesome sketch by Em Stafrace of the Nifty Pixel.  Here is my page:

Supply list:  Patterned paper: We R Memory keepers (Love Notes); Cardstock: American Craft; Letter stickers: Basic Grey; Chipboard sticker: We R Memory Keepers; Flowers: Prima, Petaloo; Brads: My Minds Eye;  Stencil: Finnabair; CrackleTexture Paste: Studio 490; embossing powders: Lindy's Stamp Gang.  Other: Silhouette Cameo.

Here is the case file:
...and the awesome sketch by Em Stafrace.

This is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme: All there

Evidence: frame, string, sprinkled embossing powder on the frame, texture paste through doily mask.

Testimony: I used the title Reluctant and my journaling is as follows: My daughter Bianca is a natural beauty but getting her to sit still when I take out my camera is very, very difficult. She looks away or ducks and I really have to catch her unawares to get a good photo...a zoom lens helps. I want to tell her how important these moments captured are. That in time her children will want to see photos of their Mamma through the years...that she doesn't want to look back one day and find that she is absent in each and every photo. xx


 I applied texture paste through the stencil to go behind the photo and I also added some twine.

 Some pretty flowers and brads to finish it off.

 This "beautiful" chipboard has been in my stash for many years and formed part of the We R Memory Keepers Tiffany line.

Thank you for visiting my blog.

xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Yummy textures and patterns you've used here. I think your daughter will one day come to realize just how great having these captured moments are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Lynette! interesting details, especially chip !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this!! And you know my testimony for NOW taking photos with my babies ... it is SO IMPORTANT!! :) I loveee how you framed her photo and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lynette! I love the circle photo and the little bit of tilt you added to the paper down the center of the page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done 'getting' her.... ONE DAY she WILL thank you!!! Of that we can all be certain!!! It is such a sweet, soft, pretty page....& really works sooo nicely with Em's sketch.... your are ROCKING CSI!!! It's such an addiction;) !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can so relate to how she feels as I am so uncomfortable in front of the camera, but I do know I need to be there too for future generations!! You have captured the essence of the moment so well, and your journalling is so true.. I love the way you have used the sketch too.. a touch of Mixed Media looks great.. I hope things are well and good in your part of the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another absolutely gorgeous layout ... It is really important to capture those images because as you say her kids will want to see her or they will think she was absent from everything important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful take on the challenge and I love your title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Also love the photo being used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lynette - I love this! A really striking page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful feminine design. Loving the textures and pretty flowers.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowsers...so absolutely pretty and so soft! Love the chipboard and design....just an awesome page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥