Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Dream Big - CSI 154

I am Special Deputy for the month of February over at Color Story Inspiration.  It is my favourite challenge site and I love to search through my stash for the perfect paper and embellishment to "solve each case".  Sometimes I am really surprised by what I found in my stash and using it all up is something that I will probably never be able to do in this life time.  Here is my layout based on the CSI 154:

Supply list:  Patterned papers: Heidi Swap, 7Gypsies; Cardstock: American Craft; Wood veneer; Prima; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Stamp diecuts: Pink Paislee; Embroidery floss; DMC; Ink: Distress Ink; Paint: Gesso; Glossy Accents; Punch: Martha Stewart.

Here is the case file:

This is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All the colours used.

Evidence:  Polka dots, stripes, used the alphabet as a design element, map print background, globe, metal star.

Testimony:  This photo was taken on Lukas' first school day. I used the Title "Dream Big" and also used the word for the Acrostic poem: 

Determination to never give in
Resilience brought from within
Excellence in everything you do
Apply yourself and always push through
Making it your reality.

I used this awesome Blue Fern Studio's sketch, I have an addiction to Blue Fern Studio's chipboard and I am also entering this layout for their February sketch challenge.

Some close ups.
My Acrostic poem

 I painted the chipboard black and then applied Glossy Accents.

 Some stitched circles.

I covered the chipboard with gesso and then applied glossy accents...it disappeared on the background so I defined it by distressing the edges with black Distress marker.

Thank you for visiting and please come and play along with Color Story Inspiration's case file.

xx

19 comments:

  1. This is stunning! LOVING the colors, the stitching and the chipboard bits!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!!!! There are so many amazing elements on this page ... Which totally supports an absolutely gorgeous photo of Lukas.

    I have been battling for inspiration ... and have just sat down at the computer after tidying my scrap table and opened this mail ... Thank you for the inspiration!!!! You are amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this LO. I must say that when I was going through them all this morning, yours made me linger a little longer to just sit and stare at it. I love layouts with so many elements. This truly is a stunner! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I really like Kraft and manual stitching adorns the page so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, what they all said! I really REALLY admire the way you've managed to use lotsa pp on the bg....but it doesn't look like a dog's dinner [which MINE would if I attempted this!]. That's pretty impressive, Missus! And that little saying.....LOVE it. And your boy? He looks just lovely :):) Superb page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you have really excelled with this layout Lynette, and to me it seems very different from your normal style? As usual a great photo of a really handsome boy. have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I hope your weekend has been good! I love the mix of patterns on this layout, and such a handsome photo too! Love the chippies, wonderful take on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful and striking page. I agree that the best part of CSI challenges is going through then stash to look for the perfect pieces to solve the puzzle. It is like a treasure hunt of fun every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynette. Thank your for participating in the February Sketch Challenge at Blue Fern Studios. It's so awesome to hear that you love our chipboard! Wow, I love that you used Glossy Accents and then Distress Ink on your chipboard pieces. What a great look you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are so creative. I never would have thought to add so much embellisment to a base page with so much detail of its own - you are the master!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so cool! Love the depth of that map background and the polka-dotty elements you've added. This is fun and still says boyish without being all blue. GREAT design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful design for the precious photo.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this photo so much! It really makes me smile! And your layout design is absolutely beautiful - so creative and cool! LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stitched circles! Wow! I love the CSI site. I really need to start playing along. Thanks for all your inspo. Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout Lynette! Such a handsome young man! Great mix of pretty patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that this is one of my fave layouts of yours. I think it is so clever and that photo is just lovely. I love the use of the alphas.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is truly a beautiful page Lynette. -Such a cute pic of your handsome prince and so many lovely details added here and there. I agree that stash raiding is a lot of fun when scrapping challenges. Thank you for sharing this witth us at Blue Fern Sudios as well. Emjoy your weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous boy page Lynette! I love the colour scheme and the beautiful details and accents! Your boy is getting big....scary how quickly times seems to go and how quikcly they grow! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥