Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

A little bit of Sunshine - CSI156

Hello there, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  After a week at Umhlanga Rocks north of Durban we arrived in Uvongo today.  I have been taking a lot of photos and will do another photo post early next week.

Today I am sharing my final page as Special Deputy for the month of February on CSI Color Story Inspiration.  It has been such a privilege to be part of Debbi's team this month.  I always enjoy the color challenges and finding that perfect embellishment to solve the case file.  So here is my page:

Supply list:  Patterned papers: WeR Memory Keepers, Art from the heart, Paper Trunk; Cardstock: WorldWin, American Craft; Letter Stickers: Making Memories, Basic Grey; Flowers: Prima; Metal flower: Flying Unicorn; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Crackle texture paste: Wendi Vecci; Paint: Gelatos; Acrylic paint, Gesso; Glossy Accents; Mist: Mister Huey, Lindy's Stamp Gang; Punch: Ek Success border punch; Die: Prima leaf; Rub On: My Sentiments Exactly; Little wooden bird brooch...a gift from Rina.

Here is the case file:
Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All there

Evidence:  Text print paper, leaves, flowers, rub on quote, mixed media, cursive font on the quote.

Testimony:  The challenge was to use "a little bit..." as part of my title.  So my title is "A little bit of Sunshine" and my journaling says this:  "The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in yourself too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people...people like Rina.  I am so blessed to have her in my life."

This is the February Stuck sketch.  I am also entering it for their February sketch challenge.

Some close ups:
I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang mist to get this perfect green flower.  The little wooden owl brooch was a gift from this special friend of mine.

You can see some white splattering on the background.  I used some Mister Huey's white mist.

Most of my background mixed media ended being covered up...I used a Prima stencil and some crackle texture paste and then rubbed light brown acrylic paint into the cracks.  I covered the Blue Fern Studios Garden Daisies with Gesso and then painted it with pink and green Gelatos before covering it with Glossy Accents.

Thank you for visiting my blog, I love your visits.

xxx

20 comments:

  1. Hi I hope you are having a most wonderful time! Always love to see what is happening on your side of the world! Love this layout, fabulous background paper, and beautifully designed and embellished.. And lovely photo too.. Enjoy moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your holiday is going well! LOOOVE your mixed media bg...& the edges punched out like that....and that stitched circle.....lovely page!!!! And most of all, such a great testimony to your friendship:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty page, such gorgeous embellishing! Thanks for joining us at Stuck??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the flowers and the stitching!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how clever of you to use the brooch Rina made you on the actual page :) XXX

    Enjoy your well-deserved holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background and love that stitching. Always amazed at your great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynette.... your creativity ALWAYS inspires me. The combination of mixed media, unique paper punching, stitching, and so on - it is all blended so beautifully. WOW! I'm speechless (and that is hard to do - according to my husband!)

    Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun creation, happy March to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning page Lynette!!! LOVE that background and those colors!! love the punching too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Lynette! Love the stitched circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jy gaan my laat huil vriendin! Baie dankie vir jou vriendskap en sonskyn elke dag

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is fabulous! I love the leaves and he stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful. I love that background - it's like impressionistic art! The whole design is so springy and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so gorgeous Lynette! I loved catching up on all your latest creations and beautiful photos.
    Apologies for my absence in blogland. I think I'm ready to return. :)
    Hope you are doing well my friend. Best wishes. M xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely, there is an intensity about the way you scrap that makes me marvel. Really love work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful testimony to friendship, Lynette! I love your journaling so much! And your layout is absolutely gorgeous. Now I am off to check out more of your posts since I have been away from blogging for most of the month! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh such a funky layout & LOVE the sparkly green flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another stunning case study with beautiful spring colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...such a fab layout! That background patterned paper is super and makes for a shabby chic page! Love the photo and design....really so pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥