Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Precious GIFT of friendship - CSI152

Hi there...today I am playing along with Color Story Inspiration's case file 152.  This colour combination was really a challenge to me and I ended up making backgrounds and then tearing it up..so frustrating.  In the end I decided to go with the Prima Epiphany collection because the papers are very neutral and one can just add colour to compliment the pretty papers.  Here is the page I made:

Supply list:  Patterned papers: Prima Epiphany; Cardstock: American Craft; Flowers: Prima Epiphany; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Alpha letters: American Craft; Ribbon and bling: Prima; Dimensional sticker: Prima; Stickpin: Prima; Other: Studio 490 texture paste, acrylic paint, gesso, Lindy Stamp Gang embossing powder.

Here is the case file:
Here is how I solved the case:

The Scheme: All there.

Evidence: Mesh, polka dots, jewels, pearls, paint, watercolor

Testimony: I used the word "gift" in my title and my journaling is about the precious gift of friendship. "Shayne and I met 'in the computer' in 2008 through blogging. We made every effort to meet and today we are sisters by choice. Through the years she has been an amazing friend who I could depend on for support. Thank you my friend...your friendship means more than words can say."

I mixed texture paste with teal and lime paint and applied it to the background through a stencil.  The teal flower was sprayed with Lindy's Stamp gang mist to get the colour just right.

The ribbon and bling border has been in my stash for a long time.  If feels good to "use it up".

Thank you for visiting my little blog.

xoxo

16 comments:

  1. That is a lovely page - lots of care shows there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, Lynette !!! Palette difficult, but you have perfectly coped)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow A stunning page. Love the look of the texture paste and how you placed he gems up onto the photo. A lovely documentation of you and your friend. So neat that you met while blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, all I can say is it was worth the effort:) you've created a GORGEOUS page -- it shines.... Just like you two:):) btw--- that border may be old stash-- but it's YUMMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really lovely, very feminine and I noticed the bling at the bottom of your photo first! So good to use something that you have had for a while on a special layout! Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you for persisting Lynette. You must be pleased with the result. I love that Prima range and the glimmering embossed silver Chippies. How wonderful to meet such a good friend on the 'puter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your end result turned out gorgeous Lynette! I love all of the texture on your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours in this page match you amazing ladies eyes perfectly!!! Gorgeous page ... as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very beautiful! And suits you two to a T

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning take on the case file, Lynette. Loving the jewel stones.
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to giggle about the color scheme. I think the very hardest challenges for me are the color challenges! I think it's because each stamp tells me, "na ah... don't use those colors on me! I want to be colored with this one!" Or maybe I'm just crazy, as evidenced by the fact that my stamps are talking to me... ;)

    Anywho... I really like that bright pop of dots behind that stunning photo. Seriously, could you all have more stunning eyes?! Thanks for sharing your work, and letting us know that the frustrating bits of the creative process don't just happen to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful layout and s beautiful story of how you met and your gift of friendship! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your page is lovely. Perfect for a keepsake x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty and special page! The photo is amazing!!!! A lovely reminder that friendships are important! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥