Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Best Day - CREATE magazine

Hi Scrappy Friends, the CREATE magazine for January is available for download.  Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE. Today I am sharing my third of five layouts that was published in this edition.  The Sketch challenge was just too good to pass up.  I loved the sketch (you can download it at the above links).  I used some of the photos I took on an outing with my precious little ones.


Supply list:  Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye; Cardstock: American Craft; Stickers; My Minds Eye; Veneers: Studio Calico; Brads: My Minds Eye, Doodlebug; Buttons: My Minds Eye; 3 Chipboard: Pink Paislee; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Other: Silhouette Cameo.

 I kept close to the sketch design...changing it from a winter to a summer theme.

 I added some wooden star veneers as a sprinkling across both pages.

 I normally struggle with "little" photos but with this layout it was easy because I used some larger photos too.

I added some stitching for added interest and layering.

Be sure to check out this awesome magazine and be inspired...and now I am off to create for our next assignments...have a lovely day.

xx

20 comments:

  1. This beautiful pages, Lynette !!! COOL!!!
    really summer, bright and cheerful !!! I really like how to fit large and small photo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the stitching and all the photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are always so clean and fresh! They really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just awesome! I love the layout and the pics are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and fresh layout! Love all the different patterns and stitching!! Beautifull!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lynette what a super double page! Love the smaller grid and all the beautiful detailing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely. Your grandkids are the perfect models

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divine! LOOOVE the little photos...they remind me of PL.....& work so nicely with the circle words between. I ADORE this page. New fave! And the clean lines....be still my heart!! Funny, isn't it? How I crave clean lines. The grass is greener, apparently, even in scrapping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this so much Lynette! The grid on the right hand side is so fun! Really amazing double page layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful double layout, love the mix of smaller photos, bright happy colors and that is a wonderful mag too! Lots of fantastic inspiration! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This page is making me want to go directly to my scrap table and copy this layout. Well done it is absolutely amazing.

    Hope you are having a refreshing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh Lynette - must be my favorite ever. Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute and fun is this page!!!!! Gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pages Lynette! Lovin' all the sweet and happy photos! All the little bits and baubles look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! You are definitely one talented designer. I love the repetition of the circles throughout your design choices. It completely brings your design together and makes it look so professional and tailored. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a gorgeous layout. You have such an awesome style of scrapping. I love the clean lines but it's still so fun an colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning layout with such precious photos and wonderful fun colours and elements.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, the layering and design are brilliant!! I so struggle with double layouts sometimes, this one is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥