Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Peace - CSI150 - A scrappy post

Over this last weekend I found my peace in my scrapbook studio...playing with paint, glue, paper and everything related to this fantastic hobby.  I played along with Color Story Inspiration's Case file 150...and used a photo the K took on Christmas day in 2008.

 Supply list: Patterned papers:  Fancy Pants; Brads: My Minds Eye; Ornament chipboard: Design Worx; Title Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Glitter: Melissa Francis; Stitched stamp: Prima; Templates: Prima, Crafters Workshop; Holly die cut: Silhouette: Embossing powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang; Mist: Prima Color Bloom (gold foil); Other: Texture paste and PanPastels

This is how I solved this case file:

The Scheme: All there

Evidence: stripes, swiss dot, holiday accents, decorative border, use heat.

Testimony:
I documented Christmas Day. My journaling on the back: Christmas Day 2008 in the Jacobs family we try to keep things fair. Every second year all the children and grandchildren come to our home to celebrate with us. On alternative years they celebrate Christmas with their in-law families...and we get to choose where we want to be. It is all about family and remembering the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Before gifts are exchanged the children are told about the Greatest Gift that mankind ever received to remind them that it is not just about the gifts.

The case file:

I used this Sketchabilities sketch.  I love to combine the CSI files with the Sketchabilities sketches:

Here are some close ups:
I used the crackle stencil by Prima...applied some texture paste through the stencil and then added green and red embossing powder.  I then used the heat tool to set it.

 I am still trying my hand at mixed media and layering...I used the stitched stencil by Prima as well as some Crafters Workshop stencils that I inked.

 Still a tad afraid of getting my hands dirty...so baby steps here.

I cut the holly with my Sillouette Cameo and then added some pearls for the berries.

I will be blogging my "word for 2015" later this week...still mulling it over in my mind.

Thank you for visiting my blog xx

24 comments:

  1. Your pages always have such pretty details Lynette and I love the baubles and ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the Sketch, lovely photo and great added details. thank you for joining in with us over at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Lynette and very pretty photo of you my friend...♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute self in the Christmas hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful page! I love those die cut holly plants with the pearl berries! Cute photo too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!! Good to see those hands getting dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you go with the MM!! Working it, girl.....like that photo!!! And the sparkly bits. They do my soul gooood:):) Now you're making me want to dig out this one & do it too.....!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty, festive photo Lynette. Love the holly border and the glittery baubles, as well as the splashes of gold here and there. Like you, our family remembers the true meaning of Christmas, before any gift giving. Beautiful work :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the holly and that photo of you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very beautiful Lynette! Both the photo of yourself and all the shimmery details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. VEry nice layout !
    Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page Lynette...love the design and such a gorgeous, mischievious photo of you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a rather cheeky photo!! hehe! love the your take on the sketch.. and the mixed media looks wonderful.. remember there are NO mistakes with MM, it is all part of the process!! I hope your week is going well!! peace to you...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet LO! Happy new year!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet layout Lynette...I love the colors and you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome page Lynette! Love the photo and how it really fits in your layout! Love the colours, the glitter and that holly!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous page and I love the photo of you Lynette.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute photo of you, and of course a great scrap! Looking forward to hear about your word :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous Lynette! This does look like a very cheeky Santa's helper I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  20. very beautiful layout !! Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great holiday layout! Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥