Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Love this little guy - CREATE magazine

Hi Scrappy Friends, the CREATE magazine for January is available for download. Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE. Today I want to share the fourth of my five pages that was published in the January edition.  

I think of all the challenges the one I enjoy most is using a card sketch and converting it to a sketch...and this is what I did:
Supply list:  Patterned paper:  My Minds Eye; Cardstock:  American Craft; Stickers: My Minds Eye;Flair: My Minds Eye; Embroidery floss: DMC; Ink: Ranger; Stamp: Scrapbook Studio; Punch:  Ek Success; Other: Silhouette Cameo.

I kept to the basic sketch design...I just mirrored my arrow.  I normally don't cut my photos...but this was just such a perfect photo with lots of background and it made for a great page.

I added some texture paste mixed with acrylic paint through a stencil for added interest to the background...and I applied some glossy accents to the die cut stars.

Be sure to check out the Magazine and be inspired.

xxx

19 comments:

  1. I reckon it takes a lot to go past a star or two! And the little saying inside the star looks fab:) LOOOVE the MM work & the stitching looks really nice:):) oh, yes, you & me both love those little fellas:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This layout looks wonderful, the photo works so well cut as a star and love the fabulous colors and papers. The arrow is awesome there with the curved edge too! I hope today has had many special moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I love love love that photo, the colors and the stars!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great little boy page. Perfect in every way! Love the whimsical star and the stitching is perfect. Stefan is growing up so fast! What a sweet boy he is. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great flow with those stars, and I love the stitching too. No wonder they put 5 of your pages in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, what a cute pic. And fabulous page too! Congrats on all the articles in the mag - woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab page! Love the star border - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice photo of little Stephan and very colorful layout! Like all the interesting details and touches you added here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect setting for a perfect photo!!! You are an absolute inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the fun colors Lynette, and the large star looks awesome on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and fabulous LO!! Love the masculine touches for this sweet boy page and what an oh so darling photo!! I just adore your wonderful mix of patterns and colors!!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! I love the precious picture in the star and all the complimenting starts! Fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow !! it's incredibly wonderful page !!! Great! I really like it))

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi nice blog
    please have a look in my blog if u like

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just so fun with the stars theme.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a handsome young man! Great mix of pretty patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaaw....such a precious page! Again...an awesome design and such a gorgeous pic of the young man! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥