Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Finally...my word for 2015

I don't do New Years resolutions...it is a total waste of time...but I like choosing "one little word" to live by.  This year I struggled to find the word that I am totally comfortable with.  The end of 2014 left me feeling flat and empty.  It went by too quickly.  I wish I had the ability to just make time go a little slower...maybe another hour or two in a day wouldn't be too shabby...don't you agree?  Initially my thought were that my word should be "Capture" and that I should capture life more...blog more about real life issues, take more photos.  It just didn't feel right.  I want to live fully...so maybe "Life" or "Live"....nothing fit!

I finally settled on "MOMENTS"

...capturing MOMENTS
....living fully in the MOMENTS of life
...collecting MOMENTS
...creating MOMENTS
...cherishing MOMENTS

Even the hard MOMENTS...the heart breaking MOMENTS.  Not wishing that it will pass but living through each of these MOMENTS...and growing in the process.  I have mentioned before that I will be capturing a lot of MOMENTS with my camera...so expect a photo overload.  I normally plan everything before it happens...with the result that it is so planned that a lot of pleasure and fun goes out of it.  This year I want to do more things spontaneously, be more flexible...live more.  This year I am going to live a full life by living fully in the MOMENT.

That would all be too simple if I didn't also choose a scripture for the year.  

My scripture for the year is Phillipians 3:10: [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope] - Amplified Bible version.

Our cell group have committed to a Precepts study of Revelation.  A study that will keep us busy for between 18 to 24 months.  I am pretty sure that I am going to learn to know Him more.  

Have you chosen a word?
Please tell me what your goals are this year.

xoxo

20 comments:

  1. ahhhhh............ love it and you and HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great word. After all life iiself is one amazing moment.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a lovely word!!! Wishing you many beautiful moments. Do you read Momastery? She says life is brutiful - brutal and beautiful, and there's nothing wrong with it if it's both even though we sometimes think so :)

    PS don't forget to link up on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! And I love the scripture.

    May 2015 be filled lots of wonderful and blessed moments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Revelations....now THERE'S a challenge right there - you sure you shouldn't have chosen 'challenge' as your word [having a giggle!!!].....anyways, 'moments' is a good one....& keep those photos coming. LOOOVE the sun effect on the bottom one! No word. Actually, I think I did for a page, but I've already forgotten IF I did & IF I did, what it was.....must look up that journaling....sigh. Age. Or too many scrap pages. Or visitors. Or busy-ness of life!!!! AAAGGGGGH! can that be my word???!!! Sozzy...going now. Being silly..... Silly? is that a good.....................

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post around your word for 2015. I look forward to sharing your Moments on your blog throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That word is PERFECT!!! I love it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynette! I absolutely love your word. It'e perfect for the new year. You saw on my blog that m word for the year is "release." I definitely need to release the past and release my inner critic as well as my creativity! A fav Bible verse for me is "My the God of hope fill you withe all joy and peace in believing . . ." Romans 15:13. I am going to use it in my next lesson for Life Books! Anyway, I really enjoyed your post and thanks so much for your wonderful visit to my blog, too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there dear Sister! Ahh moment.. Yes that is a wonderful word and the first thing I thought of was when I am busy and the kids yell for me and I say ...just a moment...what does that mean? 60 seconds...? A short portion of time..? Time to catch a breath and step up to,the next demand? Some times I have been asked by some one in the shopping centre...Can I have a moment of your time? Usually they have something they are selling.. Usually I decline because if I give them a moment then that takes time off me...a moment I don't get back. Time is precious.. When a moment is gone..it is gone forever... We can't get it back.. Nor can we copy it. .. We are told to take care of the days of our life because when they are gone they are gone.. So a very deep and meaningful word...moment... May many moments be spent in the most worthwhile way... With God, with family and with yourself...this year... And somehow our years have the same amount,of moments as years long ago.... But they seem to go faster... I am beginning to think the sand in the hourglass is reaching the end and the last grains of sand are falling quicker than the first ones....?? . And revelations will be such a deep topic in these days too...enjoy the moments! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a perfect word!! I've committed to no word this year but if I did something like that would be great. I want to inhale deeply and savor life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your word for the year! I can tell you put a lot of thought into it, so that it will be personally meaningful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love hearing of your plans and goals for this year. I love your word. I am often reminding myself to live in the moment and stay in the "now". I love Eckhart Tolle and the message he gives for living a better life. I am looking forward to seeing lots of photos on your blog. It is always fun to see the grandkids growing up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE it. And I can't wait to see the moments that you capture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the best with your OLW! I find them harder to think of year on year. I chose Streamline. Not easy to keep remembering though - must print it out up in my studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your word MOMENTS is perfect and you have explained it well.
    I am looking forward to seeing your photos x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your word is just perfect Lynette! I had to laugh....you will know why shortly!!!! ;-))))
    Love the sentiment and your thoughts behind it...just perfect! ;-) Blessings to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lynette! Thanks for visiting my blog today and for all your kind words. I loved reading your post and wish you all the best with your OLW journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love your word! Perfect. Will blog mine - need to just find the perfect words to describe why.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥