Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Delightful - CREATE magazine

Hi Scrappy Friends, the CREATE magazine for January is available for download.  Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE.   Today I would like to share the second of five pages that was published in this edition.  This page was done for the "product" assignment.  The direction was to use a die-cut and alter it in an innovative way.


Supply list:  Patterned papers: My Minds Eye; Cardstock: American Craft; Brads, enamel dots, flair, die cuts: My Minds Eye; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Embroidery Floss: DMC;  Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Mists: Lindy's Stamp Gang; Other: PanPastels.


A brief step-by-step.  I cut the heart die with the Silhouette Cameo.  I then traced the heart onto my background white cardstock. I blended three colours of PanPastels ie: white, permanent red tint and magenta to create an ombre effect behind the die cut. I set the pastels with fixative. (very important).

I attached the heart to the background and did some hand stitching around the heart.

I added little pearls to some of the cut out hearts and then added my photo cluster.

Please remember to go and check out the magazine...it is free!!! This month it is made up of a whopping 303 pages of awesome inspiration.

xxx

21 comments:

  1. Hi from across the seas! Love this layout, that is the sweetest photo and love all the hearts surrounding your darling girl! I hope your day has had some special blessed moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one awesome page. LOOOOOVE the hearts die cut......& the little hearts cut out inside it.....CLEVER! And enamel dots. YUM! And the RIPS.....well, they're what nailed it. As well as that photo, which is BRILL. NEW FAVE ALERT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love love love the little hearts and that big stitched heart and loving that adorable photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lynette! You sure did alter the die cut in a very creative way! I absolutely LOVE this page. The photo is heartwarming and adorable. Your hearts make is very special! Congrats, my friend, on being published, too! WOOHOO!!!!! (and thank you so much for your wonderful visit to my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as ever Lynette! Both the glorious photo and the fun and pretty details all over the page combine so well together! You amaze me with your ideas and inspire me with your design. Gorgeous layout indeed. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific page Lynette! cutting small hearts in a large heart, stitched by hand? - It is very impressive! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so beautiful. Love the paper tearing and sewing around the heart.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lynette, this page is just stunning!! I love everything about it including the sweet photo of Leanne. I love the details on the heart and the stitching sets it off so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ombre effect through the die cut is genius! This is such a sweet page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a stunning page!!! LOVE the ombre effect, the stitching and the photo so so so so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Lynette! Darling photo! Lovin' all the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome use of the die cut Lynette! Your page is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is gorgeous. Love each little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A standout page with the dramatic heart die cut. I'm always impressed with what the silhouette can do. Love the photo and the ripped polka dots on the side to balance her dark top. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. My mom crocheted the cap for her and she loves it.

      Delete
  16. What great contrasts you've included here - the torn papers versus the precision of that stitching. So wonderfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWESOME layout!!!! Inspiration as always.

    I LOVE her crocheted cap ... Your Mom is a talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the crisp lines of this layout.The hearts are wonderful as is the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynette this is such a pretty LO! I love the ombre hearts and the contrast of black and pastel pink details in your project - very striking but still soft and gentle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty and sweet! Love the sweet photo and the big die-cut heart! Love this page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥