Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

CREATE magazine - Coffee LOVE - CSI 365-10

Hi Scrappy Friends, the CREATE magazine for January was published yesterday. I consider myself blessed to be part of this amazing design team and I am thankful to Debbie and her team for inviting me to be part of the CREATE family.   This month I have 5 pages in this whopping 303 page magazine.  Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE

One of the assignments were to make a "love" layout.  I decided to document my love for coffee.  I combined this assignment with  CSI case file  365-10.The whole process of finding the perfect patterned papers to fit the colour challenge and then finding the perfect little embellishments to fit in with the evidence is just so much fun...and at the same time you discover things that you didn't even know you had in your stash.  So here is my page:

Supply list:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers: Websters, Papertrunk; Flowers: Prima; Punch:  Martha Stewart; Heart Stencil: Heidi Swapp; Butterfly stencil: Crafters Workshop; Alpha: Making Memories; Flower and leave swirl die: Memory Box; Other; Silhouette Cameo; Texture Paste, Gesso and embossing powder.

Here is the case file:


The Scheme:  All there.

Evidence:  Distressing (around the photo), flowers and leaves, bricks, cursive font, something powdery (embossing powder)

Testimony:  I documented an all time (not only winter) favourite....my love for coffee.  I used a little poem by Aiyah de Torres as journaling.  "one lovely morning,  warm smile,  fresh air,  light talks,  day dreaming, a toast of love,  a scdent of arome, creamy and sweet, a perfect moment indeed."

Here are some close ups:
 For the title I layered the word "coffee" over the chipboard "love".

I think that my struggle to work with Websters papers have been widely mentioned in the past.  These papers suited the challenge perfectly and I fussy cut the cups and some cards from some of the papers to use as embellishments. 

I stenciled hearts with texture paste and then covered them in white, pink and green embossing powder then melted the powder with my heat gun.

Thank you for your love and kind comments.
xx

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful page my friend. Love me my coffee too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep creating these fabulous layouts with so much beautiful detail! Stunning page Lynette. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is so lovely, what a peaceful and contented photo, and love the punched edge on the papers, and I shall come back and have a look through the mag, just gota check some blogs first! I hope your week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love love love the hearts and the mugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page Lynette!! Love the colors, the textures and those cups!!! You have some fabulous work in Create's magazine!!! (didn't know we could the post the layouts on our blogs already??)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmnnn- mmmnnnn..... Coffee has my heart:) adore those embossed ones...& how NEAT is your layered title??!!! Websters shout cut me, well, to me they do---- those cups are perfect:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Lynette! I always love the extra details you add to your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lynette this one is gorgeous! Loving those fussy cut tea cups. That is great that you are on the DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful layout and I love the textured background too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big coffe lover here too. You did great with the Websters! Very soft and girly! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Lynette! I love the way you layered your title and the journaling strips on the side of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another stunning layout. Pleased you are also a coffeeholic. Love the stacked cups.
    Also impressed with your 6035km, you are such an inspiration.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE Coffee and your page is absolutely divine!!!!! Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous page - you have a knack for tying lots of elements together. I especially love the stacked cups on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow.....gorgeous page Lynnette! So girlie, beautiful and love the sentiment! Gorgeous photo of you too gal! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥