Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Collecting those moments...


I have really slowed down life a little by savouring each moment.  On Friday night we had a double date with Kobus Jr and Lache.

We first visited Charlie's Pizza and Pasta in Summerstrand for dinner.  Seriously...the best thin based  Pizza in town and the restaurant has a lovely vibe too.  Then we were off to the movies to watch Taken 3 with Liam Neeson in the lead.  A lovely evening spent with some of my favourite people.

Sunday we drove through to Sundays River Mouth and joined Kobus, Lache, Bianca, Riaan and the children for a day of fun in the sun.

We pitched a gazebo...

 ...and played with Kobus and Lache's new toy.

 River mud is the best Ouma.

 ...it makes you wish you were small again.

 They were smothered in blocker before they were allowed to play in the sun.

 Kobus taking Leane for a spin. 

 Dewan was chattering non stop while on his wild ride.

 Isn't he lovely?

 Love this girl.

 He woke up tired and was a tad miserable...

 ...and stuck on his normal perch on Oupa's lap.

 K and I taking a spin.

 Very thrilling.

 The children enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

 You can't imagine how much pleasure you can get out of water and mud.

 Leane built a Olaf...yes from mud, not from snow ;-)


 Olaf has feathers and a nik nak chip for a nose.

 Bianca and Riaan.

 This girl is so allergic to having her picture taking.

Lache wanted me to have a ride with her...she is a wild one and we went up the river at 96km per hour...on our way back we heard a beeping noise and we were convinced it was the parks board that was after us for speeding...but it was just the engine alarm that was warning us that we were over doing it ;-)
Kobus with his oldest two.

Another fun filled weekend of saying yes and enjoying the moments.  I think I am beginning to love this.

Did you make the most of your weekend?

xx

18 comments:

  1. So much happy in this post! Looks like a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sigh! Those photos look so good, what a great day! Your grandies are gorgeous.. each one is unique and beautiful.. and yes I remember spending hours making mud pies as a child, and my children all made them too.. wonderful fun... and I have found my word for this year... thanks for inspiring me to get one.. It will be on my blog soon!! Enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! LOVING all the photos!!! And loving her little mud Olaf!! So cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Date and an outing with a new toy - I would say you are enjoying the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a really fun time. Love that snowman made from mud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haaaaa what lovely pictures!!!! So much fun in the sun!!!! Lots of happiness. Well guess Bianca is like mama on the picture department.

    We attended a tea party with some very special people and spent the rest of the time recovering from flu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE love LOVE the pic of Bianca :) and all the others

    Your word is working out so much fun - I remember that when my word of the year was create (create memories)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun Lynette! Be safe and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where to start? 1stly, yes, he IS lovely. 2ndly, tell Leane I think her Olaf is SENSATIONAL... Brill young artist in the making:) 3rdly - what a fun day on the 'new toy'...... I really enjoyed these photos. Oh! 4thly..... She should NOT be photo shy... She's so pretty!!!! Our weekend? Weeell....every day is a weekend when you don't work! And I must say --- lovin every bit of it ;)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love these fun photos and the great moments they represent! No photos here but proud to say I'm over halway through The Book Thief. Reading more has been on my agenda! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a great time Lynette! Our kids would have loved that river mud!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing photos! SUCH fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful moments, I can't wait to see you scrap with those pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun way to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you slowed down and had a wonderful weekend!

    Can't wait to see what your page looks like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Precious family moments and memories with stunning photography as always.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful photos! Looks like you all had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥