Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Joy - CSI 149

Today I am playing along with Color Story Inspiration's case file 149.  This isn't called a challenge for nothing.  The idea was to scrapbook a winter event...and as so many of you know, South Africa's winters are relatively mild and I have never experienced snow in my life.  So I used the colours and the sketch as inspiration for a Christmas page and I love the result.

 Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers: BoBunny, Fancy Pants, My Minds Eye; Tickets: Pink Paislee; Flowers: Maya Road; Brads: Doodlebug, Making Memories; Stars: My MInds Eye;  Bling: W&M; Punches: Martha Stewart; Title, Tree border and ornaments: Silhouette Cameo; Other: Gel Medium, Lindy Stamp Gang Embossing powder.

Here is the Case File:

Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme: All there

Evidence: stars, stripes, polka dots, heat embossing on title, trees.

Testimony: I used a prompt by Paper Wishes and wrote a letter to my grandchildren that reads as follows:    "Dear precious ones. I just love to experience your excitement on Christmas Eve. Here you were on Christmas Eve of 2011...you could hardly contain your excitement about receiving and opening your gifts. I want you to remember why we celebrate this special day. That it isn't all about receiving gifts...but it is about the greatest Gift that we received so many years ago. As you open each gift remember that more than 2000 years ago our Saviour was born and He is the reason we celebrate. Love you lots. Ouma Net."

Some close ups:
 I cut the row of trees and it just disappeared on the background so I decided to back it with some navy cardstock to stand out more.

 I love the soft felt flowers by Maya Road...and I hung the ornaments with rows of bling.

 I feel the angel and the nativity goes perfectly with the letter to the little ones...pointing to Jesus who is the reason for the season.

My title is always the last thing I work on.  I cut the title with the Silhouette Cameo and then coated it with Gel Medium before covering it with embossing powder and applying the heat.

Thank you for visiting.  I trust that you are having a awesome Christmas season and enjoying quality time with family and friends.

xx


18 comments:

  1. We'll---- the family of 5 just did the 1,000km trip & arrived tonight. - so I'll be absent for a bit from now til they return home. Took them 12&1/2 hours,including breaks. Big trip!!!! Anyways.....back to your LO!!! Those cut outs in the circles & the trees are FABULOUS!!! They really tell the story & the blue is a genius idea:):) really love this page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! Love love love the colors, the ornaments and the trees ... and that photo is precious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Page Lynette! blue background with green accents, decorations (Christmas trees), remarkably fit.
    Very cute attractive faces in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is a lovely layout, love the baubles! Great photo too! And I am with you, have never seen snow as I live in a warm climate too! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page.-And the beautiful photo....You can actually see the delght in those babies' eyes. :-)
    How lovely to celebrate with your grandchildren! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Yes the CSI challenges are very challenging but the results make it so worth it. What a stunning page! I LOVE those ornaments. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the die cuts Lynette!! Such a gorgeous layout and fab use of the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Yes we southerners don't get to do the wintery Christmas thing. I think I'm happy with a warm Christmas though! All the best of Christmas wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout Lynette...and I think you've worked this case brilliantly into a Chrismas LO. Love all your diecutting & punched borders on the page - they all compliment each other pefectly. Merry Christmas to you and yours...I hope you all have a lovely time with family & friends :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so beautiful Lynette, and I love the message to your grandkids XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joy! My word for 2014! Love the scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page special lady!!!! I love all the elements and how expertly you put them together ... INSPIRATION!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout. Hope you had an amazing day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Lynette and I love the festive feel! The trees and baubles are gorgeous, along with the super photo! I hope you had a lovely Christmas with the family....blessings and love to you all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout and I love the baubles. They look so pretty... Love your take on the sketch and these colours are just lovely. A beautiful Christmas layout.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning festive design Lynette. Love the scenes within the baubles and of course the precious photo.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. REALLY pretty! Love all the die-cut/Silhouette elements & what a cute photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥