Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Around here...

For the past two weeks my whole house has been upside down.  We are repainting and I have forgotten what a huge job that is. Taking down pictures and curtains...moving furniture and everything else out of harms way.  How the heck did I accumulate so much junk?  Needless to say that a LOT of stuff has been thrown out and after the carpets are steam cleaned next week my house will be spotless.  I just don't know why we ALWAYS choose the most hectic time of year to make changes at home???? Totally crazy.  I also rearranged my scrapbook studio and destashed before the room could be repainted.  This is about half of what I purged:
Lache was very happy to take it off my hands.

Initially we planned to drive down to Cape Town for a week at the end of November.  We bought tickets for "Afrikaans is Groot" at the beginning of the year.    In the end we just gave Wynand and Nadia the 4 tickets and gave them a week off from work to take a holiday in Cape Town.  They could choose which of their Cape Town friends would go to the show with them.  Lukas stayed behind with us and Stefan really bonded with his cousin. Every morning when K took Luki to school Stefan cried "snot en trane" over "my Lukas".  


I have been very busy making pages for the January issue of CREATE...but as you know I cannot share that yet.  I can however share a page I made recently from a kit designed by Carina Basson of the Scrapbook Studio in Jeffreysbay.
The beautiful Marion Smith Designs papers are busy and calls for black and white photos.  These beautiful photos of my son, Kobus and his wife Lache were perfect for this page.  

I added a little flower cluster to the page.

I applied some texture paste through a stencil to the patterned papers that form a backdrop to the photos.

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your love ♥

22 comments:

  1. Nothing feels so good as the feeling after spring cleaning. Just adore your beautiful layout. Its got a lovely air of shabby vintage.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know what you mean about the painting! It is such a mammoth task to keep up with getting each room prepared then getting the stuff back onto the walls, and that then prompts a bit of redecorating!! I did it in November and decided to paint effect my daughtyer's room single handed lay! It was a massive job!! December is always so busy we try to go away to get away from everyone LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful double with those stunning black and white photos. The papers you chose are perfect and I especially like the banner. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for your lovely visits to my blog this year Lynette and wishing you a joy filled Christmas with those you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the end result would be worth it. That's what I tell myself half way through any home improvement project.

    Only kids would be engrossed with looking at a bug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page, Lynette! so cool played with black and white photo)
    Good luck to you and forces in reorganization of the house!
    As we say: "it is impossible to finish the repair, you can just stop."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am sure it will look wonderful when done, so fresh and you will be glad, but yes.... Why in the most busy time of the year!!? Hehe! Your layout is lovely, the photos are beautiful! Enjoy the season of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not alone with the painting splurge Lynette, we too are decorating bedrooms and my mums new home! I always look forward to seeing you beautiful creations and I think this double page is one of my favourites! I love the colours, the cute banner and of course your amazing photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purging and cleaning are always fun in my book! I love love love your page!! LOVING the photos, the colors and the flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful LO. Those colure are amazing and I agree that they do call out for B&W photos. Feels so good to purge the supplies. That is great that your DIL was happy to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bet it was worth the pain, tho.....nothing like a spruced up, cleaned out house!!!!! Good move staying out, I'd say! And I LOOOVE your page. B&w photos work perfectly...& I spy rhinestones & a doily ---2 of my FAVEST things!!!! Loooove the banner like that, too. Gorg touch:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like my house could do with a bit of a declutter too. The things come from everywhere and cleverly hide in all the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am hoping to get some rooms painted soon too, Lynette! But not looking forward to moving everything out of the way!! Love your gorgeous layout! Such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love those colors and details!
    I just done with my dining room few days ago too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Impressed that you are de cluttering and painting! It helps to start the New Year fresh!
    Love the scrap, as always! What a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I saw that stash I was a little envious of your daughter!!

    Great way to start the year though - purging all the junk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't imagine painting near the holidays .. More of a January project for me lol. 😊. But your layout is beyond gorgeous and you did a great job with these papers! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a stunning double-pager. The photos are gorgeous and the colours really complement them so well. Just the right amount of embellishments ,too. I love the Marion Smith collections!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness...this is simply stunning, Lynette. Such beautiful contrasting colours & patterns, but they all work beautifully together. Absolutely love this <3 Gorgeous photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you're done painting by now! I hate the craziness in my house so I put it off as long as possible (at the moment I'm waiting for the new nanny to settle in - a month later....................... so I can get the painters in)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous pages. I need a serious destashing too. I hope your place has all come together by now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the look and feel of a freshly painted house ... Our house is in sore need of some work. I just did some decluttering and filled up two black bags which I have put in my care to take to work and give to the security and cleaners. This time of year gets me wanting new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with all the painting! Hopefully it is finished now! This kit page is gorgeous and I really love the papers you used! Classic, beautiful and stunning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥