Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

The International Scrapbook event in Jeffreysbay

Hallo there,  I want to share the awesome projects we made at last weekend's Scrapbook event in Jeffreysbay.  Two blissful days of scrapping!!!!  Our first class was taught by the awesome Kasia Krzymińska (the Prima educator and a mixed media artist).  Her most memorable words "DON'T THINK JUST DO".  The thing that I will never forget:  SHE CUTS UP FLOWERS....gasp!!!!!  I loved learning all the new techniques and the result was this canvas:

This is one of my favourite photos that I took of my darling man while we were in Plettenberg Bay last month...and one that I couldn't resist putting on canvas to hang on the wall.  The only things I added after the event was the shells and the title.

Kasia taught us the rules of basic design and then the lesson started.  "Don't think...just do" and that is what we did.  After choosing a design layout we liked we tore papers and pasted it to the canvas and then covered the whole canvas with a layer of gesso.  We then build our photo stack and pasted it down.

 We then continued with the embellishing.  Cutting up the pretty Prima blooms (gasp) and building clusters.  We then dabbed some gesso onto the flowers and I also dabbed some gesso onto my photo stack and even on the edges of my photo.  Very brave, don't you think?  The next layer was using some watercolour pencils and misting through stencils.

The last step was stamping randomly on the background with permanent ink and clear stamps.

 It was fun getting those hands dirty...and it was even more fun to see that each person's canvas looked different and unique.

The next morning we were back for more...this time the lovely Jowilna Nolte stood in for Marion Smith that cancelled a month before the event.  Step by step the following double page layout came together:


There is so much detail in this page that I am sharing a stack of close ups.  The page isn't my regular style, as I prefer to put more photos on my pages...but I always love to try something new...and I enjoyed scrapping photos taken at my 50th birthday.

 I didn't even mention that Cariena Basson put us through the paces of making beautiful little flowers with the Marion Smith bloom tool.  So pretty!

All the stamps and papers are Marion Smith designs.

 A lot of fussy cutting and a lot of layering within the folded envelope.

 Love all the quaint and feminine touches.

 The page looked a tad bare so I added a Silhouette cut title.

Some more little details and another bloom tool flower.

Thank you for visiting my little blog and thank you for your lovely messages.

xxx

27 comments:

  1. These are both ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! You just inspire me so much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they're awesome! I like them very much!=)
    Kisses, Lynette! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so beautiful Lynette! The canvas is stunning and all that stamping straight on to it!!! (stamping is the monster under my bed!). The double pager is so girly and dreamy, you certainly sound like you enjoyed the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lynette, canvas awesome !!! Super cool !!!
    and a lovely spread of two pages !!!
    Kasia come to our St. Petersburg in March next year, perhaps I will be able to visit her MK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely pages Lynette. So great to learn new techniques and I am happy that you enjoyed a full weekend of scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous page!! I love the design and the pretty colors!! This is so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You created some gorgeous layouts, Lynette! Sounds like a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is always gorgeous ... Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are sooo different but equally gorgeous...loooove the MS goodies - they look so pretty and romantic....I think the title works beautifully, I must say! As for the Kasia one......FAVEFAVEFAVE!!! Great closies to show what you did...sooo much work in those layers, but it turned out beautifully! CUT up flowers....to make them go further...eeeeek! I can't get rid of 'em quick enough, most of the time [they are my Hard Thing to Use item!!!!]....thanks for your kind words on my blog, too.....:);)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful retreat to go to and learn all those techniques! These layouts look beautiful, and love the first one! And I should use that motto and just put it on my layout and stop fussing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page!! So glad you got brave enough to cut up flowers!!! I love the versatility that adds & the look of a lovely cluster built up & added once it's completed. So much easier to get it right that way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful projects, Lynette! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and learned a lot, too! I love your photos so much and especially like the way you scrapped them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing work!!! I absolutely adore the sea layout - I need some starfish but I have no idea where to get them! All your projects are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Sometimes one needs a bit of new input to get the creativity going in full force

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty pages, the floral work on these is wonderful. I need to use more flowers on my pages.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of the new techniques! Both layouts are so beautiful.....especially the canvas, it is gorgeous! The title is the second describes the layout.....Beautiful! Loving all of the colors and awesome techniques! I missed a class this past weekend to learn some new techniques, darn! I hope to join in the next time my LSS has this class. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh these are fabulous - I adore the canvas! I love that you were obviously pushed outside your comfort zone and made something beautiful as a result :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your canvas and loved reading about your class and the new techniques. I haven't been to a class for ages! I would love to attend one. I laughed at what you said about cutting up flowers. I was also really schocked when Ingvild Bolme did that at a class a few years back. -And she also tore off layers to get the flowers smaller etc. I guess you become less sensitive to that when you can have all the flowers your heart desires LOL! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like a really fun class. And the two styles are so different from each other! I like how you put your own touches on the pages with your Silhouette titles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pages Lynette! Fabulous photos! Love all the layers and pretty flowers! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Lynette! You created such beautiful pages in your class! I love all of the wonderful touches here, and the phrases! (I have been thinking about getting a Silhouette!!) I also love the photos you used, too! Fabulous! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lynette, what a stunning canvas and gorgeous layouts!! What wonderful memories you have captured here!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi dear Lynette,

    I just realised I'm still missing, done zero commenting but you are not forgotten. I am always so inspired by your pages. I really am going to make the time to do more scrapbooking. I still have not done anything more in Taryns album either.

    Beautiful beautiful layouts - thank for sharing

    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow....these are fabulous pages Lynette...especially the first one! So amazing...I just want to keep looking and keep looking! ;-) I cannot believe that Marion Smith cancelled a month before the event....Scrapbook Studio must have scrambled...but glad that Jowilna could help out! Stunning work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like you had a fabulous scrappy weekend! Love love love your canvas!! beautiful colours, design & background work. I bet it looks stunning hanging in your home :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥