Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Canvas of Life

“Such is my relationship with God: on my gigantic canvas of life, I am the one throwing all of the brightly-colored paints, creating genuine splatters, authentic whirlpools of color, beautiful patterns, wonderful streaks and stains and wild accents; God is the one with the paintbrush who stands beside my canvas filling all the intricate and amazing details in between the whirlpools and the streaks! We're happy together!”     ― C. JoyBell C.

Yesterday morning I woke to the news that a dear cyber friend had just lost her husband and best friend...he was only 44 years old.  I just cannot stop thinking of them and my heart aches for her and her 4 year old daughter.  At times like these I am brought to a standstill to reflect of life and the joy and pain it brings.  I have no idea how one deals with this sort of loss and I cannot imagine losing my darling husband who is also my soul mate.

Some time ago I wanted to write a blog about "what defines me" and it has been sitting in drafts all this time.  The right words just did not come.  Reflecting on my life up to now and the joys and the pains it brought made me realise that One defines who I am...and that is my relationship with the Lord.  Over the course of my life until now we have had much joy and peace.  We also had a lot of hardship and storms that nearly destroyed us.  We have had to make hard choices regarding the calling on our lives and our Ministry that caused us to loose many of our friends and some of our family.

We have learned that there is no one to turn to but the Lord.  We have experienced Him holding all things together when it felt as if our lives were falling apart.  We have felt His love and compassion when our children were all affected in one way or another.  We have learned that without Him we could never make it.  We never choose the storms but we are forever changed when it is over.  He will always be the One I will run to in time of trouble, fear and doubt and I have faith that He will carry me through it every time.  I am on His easel and He is creating the painting of my life...when things are hard that is where I must stay and He will make something beautiful of the pain.

My prayer is that He will carry Lisa Marie and her little Bluebird through this and that they will know His comfort and love.

xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Death is such a leveller.. it comes to the rich, the poor, the busy, the slow, the young, the old.. when it comes, it sometimes does not knock, but just smashes the door open.. and always it brings such a shock and grief that is unique to each situation and household.. whether our easel is full of color or half covered or just a few splats is up to the Master Painter and Designer.. but when we go and we look at our easel through the eyes of Heaven, we will see it is complete..I do pray for Grace to surround your friend at this time.. sometimes words are not enough and groanings of spiritual prayers are all we can muster.. with love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, Lizzy C...you got it in one....beautiful thoughts....sooo true.....well written....glad you shared this:):)

      Delete
  2. My heart just aches for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sad news of your friend's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful and eloquent post. I am so fortunate to have found the Lord last year. I love what you have written here, and I pray that Lisa-Marie will find peace and comfort that only God can provide. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, life is full of heartache and pain as well as love & joy.......it hits hard when the unexpected occurs. Your words are so full of the experience of life.....& how God really does anchor us & guide & help us. I hope Lisa is so surrounded by the love of her family and friends that it can help carry her through this most awful of storms:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so sad to hear about the sad news of your blog friend, especially when we just lost a loved one early last week, my husband brother Dan just passed last Wednesday and the pain is still so raw that sometime we talked about Dan as if he is still present, sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirsty, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayer is that you will also be surrounded by the peace of God, and feel His comfort at this time.

      Delete
  7. So very sorry for your friend's loss. I think about your friend as well as their daughter. I was 8 when I lost my father to the terrible disease, and I just feel there is something out of balance right now because this terrible disease is taking so many and so young. It seems everywhere I turn I read or have been told of a friend or family member fight the battle of cancer. It's almost like an epidemic. Thank you for sharing your words. So very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My prayer is exactly the same, Lynette! You wrote such a beautiful post!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post special lady ... I am keeping your friend and daughter in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely post, Lynette. Although I don't know this family I was o saddened by this news and just a few short weeks ago another cyber friend lost her husband as well,... Life is so brittle and we never know when our turn will come to leave this earth. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart goes out to your friend and her daughter. I'm sure your thoughtful words will support and help them in some small way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sad! It is great that you have such a strong Anchor to hold onto!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so, so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I'll definitely be praying for her and her family.
    --Hugs, from Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word Lynette...I cannot believe what I am reading here....this is so so sad! I met Lisa Marie in Cape Town earlier this year! This is awful news! Sandy, from the scrapping community also lost her husband about a month ago or so...and he was also 44. Absolutely so sad and crazy!! It certainly gets one thinking and makes one realise what is important in this life! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post! So very sorry to hear, so sad....hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥