Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Two weeks in Plettenberg Bay

Hi there.  Time to dust off this little blog and put some action into it.  I admit it...when I checked Bloglovin this morning I had more than 600 unread posts.  That is more than just a bit overwhelming...so I marked it read and started editing my vacation photos. I didn't take a single photo during our first week at Plettenberg Bay and I have run out of ideas on how to take "different" photos at the same destination.

The first week we slept a lot...and the hardest decision that we had to take each day was where we would go for brunch/dinner.  I also struggled my way through Donna Tart's book "The Goldfinch".  A great story line that could have been condensed to 350 pages instead of the whopping 864 pages.  Here is a few images of our time away.

In our time there a "Wine and Bubbly Festival"was held with Westlife doing a concert.  You can see the huge marque tent on the photo above.  Needless to say all the wine and bubbles resulted in a very interesting time for me people watching while the rugby match between the Springboks and All Blacks were on.

 Saturday morning and the Saturday Market are synonyms in Plett.  Very interesting stalls and a stunning Bundu Breakfast.

A huge old oak tree provides shadow from the heat.

LOL!  These little girls proceeded to cover the little dog with straw while he slept.

 We walked many kilometers on the beach.  I am a salt water girl...I just breathe better here.

 The golden hour.

 I love this man so very, very much.

 Happy and relaxed.

 During our time here a huge amount of deep water mussels were swept onto the beach and these pirates had a feeding frenzy.

 A Kodak moment

 The light was just so very beautiful.


 The foot bridge linking the Hotel to the main beach.


 My man really went Paparazzi.

 Beautiful Keurbooms Strand

 Another thing I did a lot of...yes...that is "The Goldfinch".

 My lovely little sister and her 4 boys were also in Plett for a couple of days.

Youngest and oldest sister.

Up close and personal at Birds of Eden.

I hope to get back into some crafting this weekend as well as into blog reading...see you around.

xoxo

27 comments:

  1. Oh boy - that looks beyond wonderful. Love that "enclosure" you read in. And that photo of you in the pink top is stunning! Would have loved to have a walk (or 10) with you at the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my friend. I hope that next year you, me and Shayne will have a retreat again. xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos Lynette! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The photos look beautiful!! I'd really love a trip there again. Haven't been in decades. Glad you are recharged xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes smart move to mark all as read! Except you have nothing else planned there's no way to get through that many!


    I'm glad hubby went paparazzi on you otherwise all we see are your gorgeous pictures but not you!



    Many camera worthy pictures here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lyk of julle heerlik gerus het! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ons het heerlik gerus Cariena. Sien so uit na die Scrap event volgende maand.xx

      Delete
  6. Glad you posted today! I was thinking of you last night and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear from you. Thank you for the prayers...we are currently leading a Leadership Training course and the prayers will carry us. Wish there was a way to keep in contact with you xx

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful way to re-charge. That is what I am supposed to be doing this week .. sort of but mine is full of doctors appts and physical therapy but at least I'm free to do it. Thanking God for that! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, so sorry that you are having health issues. I will keep you in my prayers and trust that you will recover speedily xx

      Delete
  8. Ohhhhhhhhhh I love the photos from your vacation!! Beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a wonderful and restful time. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful vacation spot!! Love your beach photos Lynette, and I look forward to seeing them on upcoming layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.....amazing photo's Lynette! Glad you are recharged and also got to see your sister!..
    There is just something about the sea....it is so good for the soul....I definitely need to make a plan to have a coastal vacation again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo...you've managed a bit'o blog hopping already, eh? Can't keep a good girl down:):) LOOOVE the photos - especially the beach ones, & especially especially the errrr 'paparazzi' ones!!!! Looks like you really slowed down and errrr breathed the sea air????!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy, oh yes...I had to see what my favourite crafters are up to.

      Delete
  13. Super pictures Lynette. I love the whole Garden Route stretch and have many wonderful memories of Plett .

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE all those beach pics. I find the light in Plett to be truly amazing - so soft, hazy and flattering :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a lovely spot Lynette. Glad to hear you had a great vacation. Nice that you got some time in with your sister and family too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos with us ... So glad you had a relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning photo journal once again. Glad you get away again, relax and recharge the batteries.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! stunning photos! it looks like a paradise on earth kind of place. and I'm with you about being a salty girl. I was born by the sea, and miss it a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your beautiful vacation photos! So glad that you were able to get away for a much needed time to relax, read, and walk on the beach with the love of your life.....love the paparazzi photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh fun, I always enjoy reading your vacation posts, and you look beautiful in every single picture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEautiful photos, Lynette....looks like you had a lovely relaxing time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥