Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

♥ This...a crafty post - CREATE magazine

Hi Scrappy Friends,  Today I am sharing the pages I made for the October edition of the Scrapbook Generation CREATE magazine.  Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE.  I was part of the team that had to work with this month's free sketch.  I was inspired by the circles on the sketch and this is my first layout using it:

Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye (Market Street); Flair: My Minds Eye (Market Street); Brads and enamel dots:  My Minds Eye (Market Street); Stars: Studio Calico; Title and background die cut: Silhouette Cameo.

Some close ups:


The awesome background Silhouette cut is by Nicole Nowosad...and can be downloaded for use on her blog.  Thank you Nicole for the opportunity to use this beautiful die cut.

I then decided to follow the sketch more closely and the result was a totally different layout:

Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye (Market Street); Flair: My Minds Eye (Market Street); Stickers:  My Minds Eye (Market Street);  Brads: Making Memories, Circle chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Title: Enmarc, Other:  Silhouette Cameo, DMC cotton.

Some close ups:
 I cut the circles with the hearts and backed it with patterned papers.  These cuts are by Ashley Horton and can be found in her Cut Shoppe. The title was first painted black then covered with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with black glitter.

 Whenever these three are together and I try to get a photo of them they give me the cheesiest smiles...so the little sticker says it all.

The circle bits are by Blue Fern Studios.  I painted it with gold acrylic paint.

Thank you for visiting my little blog and for the love you leave...it makes me feel all warm inside.  Be sure to check out the CREATE magazine that is filled with inspiration.

xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful creative use with my most favourite shape, the beloved CIRCLE. Gorgeous, fun and colourful designs with your always precious and endearing photos.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lynette! Such fun, bright and absolutely stunning pages! I love the stitched grid and fun title in the second page but I love everything about the first one! Glad you had a wonderful beach getaway, as always beautiful holiday snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layouts! how lovely that you get two totally different layouts out of the same sketch. and they;'re both so colorful and cheerful. love that smiling faces on the photo. great work, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow striking and so much beautiful texture xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynette, how long ago you did not have a blog. Pages gorgeous !!! Looks very impressive cutting down on the entire page, just great !!! and on the second page has other circles love! And the stitched line, almost patchwork - super!
    Oh, while I have you at a party, is at this time you have visited me ... Wow !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fascinating that one sketch can prompt 2 such amazingly diverse creations! I adore the top one...the randomness of sizes & placement on the top page, really draws me in! The 2nd is way cute! And what a brill way to use up those little scraps of pp, too:):) LOOOOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow!!! These are gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and all those fabulous circles!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos Lynette! Love your fun and colorful pages! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These layouts are so amazing, Lynette!! I love how you used the cut files on both of your layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGOODNESS!!!!! Lynette, both these layouts are amazing! I love the die cuts you used and the details is amazing. Your photos, as always, are amazing!!!! You are always such an inspiration to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI.. HOw are things?? I hope you are well.. I love both of these layouts, could not have a favourite.. love the circle elements on the layout, as well as the lovely photos!! the colors are fabulous too.. enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both layouts! Awesome colors.....I especially like the first layout and your sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful wonderful work there, it looks like you spent tons of hours on those awesome background, both of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - what stunning layouts! I love the die cuts and that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing pages!! I think these are my new favourites.
    Love the backgrounds ,too!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a new follower from Spain;) muchos besos

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, stunning pages Lynette!!! LOVE how colorful they are and those cut files are fabulous too!! I adore the happy smiley faces of your grandchildren!!! what a blessing they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of your fun and fabulous layouts, Lynette!! You are so creative - I love what you did with the sketch in both pages!!! and I really like what you did with the cuts in the second page. I am going to have to check out the Cut Shoppe! And the photos that you scrapped in both layouts are wonderful and full of joy! Their smiles are contagious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are super layouts Lynette and that delicate die-cut on the first one is jst amazing. Such a super design for a page. Gorgeous photo too. The second page is also gorgeous....and the design also great. Such sweeties in the photo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of your layouts look fabulous Lynette! Love the fun and creative backgrounds! Such darling photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fun pages with the cutest of photos!! Love all the use you are getting out of your Silhouette!! Seems like you are a complete pro with it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both takes on the sketch are fabulous...love them both! Again, loving all the bits from your Silhouette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥