Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Perfect - CSI 139

Hallo there. Just a quick catch up.  I am into my third week of the audit and have just about had enough already...fortunately there is only three more days until we leave for a two week vacation in Plettenberg Bay. I am counting the days!!! 

I will try to write a decent blog post soon...until then it will be only Scrapbook blogging found in this space.    I am playing along with this week's  Color Story Inspiration (CSI) case file 139.  I love this week's colour combination and the lovely sketch by Em Stafrace.  Here is my page:

 Supplies used:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers: Jillibean Soup; Flowers: Petaloo; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Brads: My Minds Eye; Other:  PanPastels in Hansa Yellow, Bright yellow green shade and turquoise, Rosette and Title:  Silhouette Cameo.

The case file:

This is how I solved the case:

The Scheme: All there

Evidence: Stripes, flowers, PanPastels, butterflies, mini brads, two butterflies...two grandchildren, triangles.

Testimony: I used the title "Perfect" and added a quote in the form of a couplet
.

Some close ups:
I used a Stencil Art triangles stencil and applied PanPastels through it in the form of the triangle.  I then added my thin slices of patterned triangles.

I love the way the black pops on the page and decided to block the patterned paper pennants with black cardstock.

 The butterflies were attached with mini brads.

Thank you for the visit...I hope to be around to your blogs soon.

xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous layout, I love your take on the sketch and I love the crisp white back ground too.. I hope you really enjoy and relax on your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yesyesyes from me....winner's badge I reckon, without a shadow of a doubt.....loooove the way you did that triangle element....& the top cluster.....YUM!!! Hope you get over that 'hump'...& I'm sure it will make the holiday even sweeter!!!! Enjoy):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Lynette this page is beyond gorgeous, you just have a way with making any challenge work for you! Hope you have a wonderful restful holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the photo and the triangles!!! Hoping the rest of the audit goes smoothly and hoping you have a wonderful vacation!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you created the pattern paper... I must remember that when I am looking through my papers and I can't find the right colours. It looks fabulous. I love your take on the sketch and the way these clean colours pop.... Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page, with a sense of lightness and airiness !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout's colours!

    PS did you not say B was "handling" the auditors this year?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Lynette! I love the big triangle you created on your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this when it popped up in the gallery and it's just as stunning here. Thanks for joining in at CSI and warmest congrats on the feature :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous layout, such lovely colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing at the CSI challenges ... Love this page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What of sweet shot of the three of you. And I love all the paper you've used here; it gives it a richness without looking cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are enjoying a very well deserved break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you used the sketch, and I just adore that quote. You have a real talent for finding just the right quote/poem/words to go with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow such a fresh design. Just adore all the geometric shapes and the precious photo.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love how you scrapped these colors, the triangle stencil, and the black behind the pennant banners.....wow! Love the title & pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful. Lovely pic and great quote to go with your wonderful interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous page and a gorgeous design and a super cute photo! Love the stamping and the black trims! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥