Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Love♥story - CSI 138

Hallo there.  Another week....another blog post.  It would appear that I am becoming a slow blogger as well as a slow scrapper :-P   I am playing along with this week's  Color Story Inspiration (CSI) case file 138.  For this page I am using a photo of my oldest son, Kobus and his wife Lache, taken on a recent family photo shoot.  Here is my page:
Supply list:  Cardstock: SEI Moravia; Patterned papers:  Teresa Collins (Summer Stories); Simple Stories; Flowers: Prima; Brads: Teresa Collins (Summer Stories); Rub on stitches: Die Cuts with a view;  Wooden hearts: Studio Calico; Title and heart cluster: Silhouette Cameo; Mist: Lindy's Stamp Gang; Stencil: Crafters Workshop; Stamps: Prima.

Here is this weeks Case File:
This is how I solved the case:

The Scheme:  All 5 colours used.

Evidence:  Damask patterned paper, tags, paint.

Testimony:  I wrote a letter on the pull out tag behind the photo...to understand the letter I need to sketch a bit of background.  Kobus and Lache married in 2006 and after two babies they divorced in 2010.  It was heartbreaking at the time and we were so happy for them when they reconciled and remarried in 2011. My letter:  "Dear children,  We are so happy that you found each other and that you decided to commit your lives to one another.  We pray that you will grow closer together as each year passes and that your faith in the Lord will be the golden thread that ties you together.  We love you so much and are so thankful that you blessed us with three beautiful grandchildren. xxx

I used this awesome Sketchabilities 122 sketch and will be playing along with their challenge too:

Some close ups:
 I sprayed some Lindy's Stamp Gang "Time Travel Teal" through the "Tiles" Crafters Workshop stencil over the background paper.  I cut the heart clusters with the Silhouette Cameo and backed some of  the hearts with patterned papers.

 I used 5 layers behind my photo and the journaling is in the form of a letter on the tag behind the photo.

 The sketch only calls for hearts at the bottom of the photo...but I got a bit carried away.


Thank you for visiting and leaving love.  Hopefully I will find time to share some photos with you later this week.  Have a lovely weekend.

xx

23 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the hearts and that photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - love that cut-work with your Cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, slightly mischievous Page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo glad you got carried away with the hearts - I could look at 'em all day! They are just YUM!! LOOOVE how you've backed some off & that you did the outlines in black....& that colour combo on your page looks BRILL....CSI really does get us scrapping outta the square, wish I had time to join in [sad face here!!].....& what a love story! To be continued, no doubt:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Lynette! I love the look of the diagonal hearts on your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful way to celebrate your gorgeous children Lynette.

    Love the heart clusters ... actually I love everything about the page. Well done for inspiring us yet again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous photo and a heart warming story of love re-kindled. The melded hearts are the perfect embellie for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I know the feeling about slow scrapping.. and slow blogging.. lately I feel so busy with life.. This is a stunning photo you have used and I love all the hearts.. very romantic feeling to your layout.. take care...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your hearts :) and that pic is gorgeous but more beautiful is their reconnection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Love all the hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great lay out thanks for playing with sketchabilities !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layout, love the pop of gold. Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww, this is simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!
    xoxo Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a good looking young couple! Love the softness of the layout with the bold statement of the black over the top, and your hidden letter adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a touching photo & wonderful page. I love all your die-cut hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow - what an amazing story! It's a stunning photo too and you've scrapped it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photo and a super,sweet, romantic page! Love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous page!! Love the hearts! and the what an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous photo and layout! Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute layout Lynette! Love all the hearts and beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beyond gorgeous and I so love all the heart sprays and those that has been paper pieced.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥