Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

True Happiness - Scrap 365-7

Hi friends.  I am blessed to be "special deputy" for the month of August over at Color Story Inspiration (CSI)  I want to show you the page I made based on the Scrap365-7 file.

Here is the page I made:
Supply list:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  Websters, Bo Bunny; Stamps:  Prima, Kaisercraft, Tags: 7Gypsies, Circle chipboard:  Blue Fern Studios; Flowers: Prima; Brads:  Basic Grey; Bird:  K&Co; Title and leaves: Silhouette Cameo;  Other: gesso, paint, PanPastels; Prima Stencil.

The case file:

Here is how I solved the case file:

Scheme:  All 5 used.

Evidence:  Bird, clouds, doodling (on leaves), string, labels.

Testimony:  I used the title "True happiness" and the journaling is as follows:  "When I first saw the series of photos that formed part of this one it took my breath away.  The love between father and son was tangible and touched me deeply.  Wynand, I am so proud of the father that you have become.  You are so much like your father."

I used this sketchabilities sketch:

Some close ups:
 I really loved using so many layers.  Initially the stamping in the corner was much to dark...so I gave it a bit of a tone down by applying white PanPastel to it.

 The background was created with a Prima stencil and applying PanPastels through it.

 You can see the string around the flowers and I doodled on the leaves that was also cut with the Silhouette Cameo.

The little bird has been in my stash forever and was one of the layered die cuts by K&Co.  The mini rings by Blue Fern Studio was covered in gesso and then painted black.  The title was cut with the Silhouette Cameo and the delicate cutting still amazes me.

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving some ♥

xx

21 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love all the layers and the interesting background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! - love those layers and the photo is so sweet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that these two challenges are always perfectly suited. I love the sketches and I love the case files. You rocked this one. Love your layout. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow oh wow this is absolutely magnificent . you have blended the colors perfectly .. love the way you have used the sketch too ...hugz to you Lynette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lynette - this is a super fine !!! very, very nice!
      and a charming photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo! And your design brings out the emotion in the photo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the layers and that photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh - a little boy safe in the arms of his Daddy is such a touching thing. Beautifully scrapped and your loving words to your son are very special :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout! Congrats on your feature! Love the sweet photo! Your inky background looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout!!!! And Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you layered those papers behind the photo Lynette, and the flower cluster is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that photo is so lovely, deserves to be the centre piece of your layout, love the layers and that is a great sketch from sketchabilities to use too.. beautiful tribute to this special love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Lynette, such a wonderful happy page. Just love all those angled layers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the soft colours & the layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an absolute masterpiece to house an amazing photo. You are an absolute inspiration my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, Lynette! I love the colours you have layered in under the photo & that background stencilling is superb (I think I've asked you once before what that stencil is, but I've forgotten :-/). The little bird is very sweet, as is the cute little tags <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love very teensy weensy bit!!!!! The layers behind the photo look amazing! Love the bg stencil work, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such an awesome layuot! Love the background, the layers, the colors but especially the "feeling" coming from that photo!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors and style of this page are very evocative. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super page Lynette....love the stamping and the gorgeous background! Love those little nature elements...and the super photo! I love this one....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything....the background, layering, stamping, colors, doodling, paint, and stenciling. A perfect layout for such a precious photo! A beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥